Evansville, IN - Monday, June 24, 2019

4 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Most general fans don’t get GE. I don’t, anyway. Just kind of baffling that Crown beats Boston on it.

Because GE isn’t about fan popularity and it should be. I don’t think it’s baffling at all, because GE has nothing to do with popularity or one show seeming more fan friendly over another. It’s like ‘93 Star. On finals, most people probably would have had them 12th in GE, when clearly they were top 2. I would have had them 1st by a hair over the Cadets.

• Like 1

95% chance Phantom doesn't make Finals this year. They're sitting 15th or 16th overall right now and, while they might pass up a corps or two, I just don't see them passing four or five corps to make Finals.

• Like 5

I think Boston could pull off a top 3 finish under the right circumstances. They are very impressive and I'm not even a fan of the corps.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Because GE isn’t about fan popularity and it should be. I don’t think it’s baffling at all, because GE has nothing to do with popularity or one show seeming more fan friendly over another. It’s like ‘93 Star. On finals, most people probably would have had them 12th in GE, when clearly they were top 2. I would have had them 1st by a hair over the Cadets.

I would've had them first by a hair over Phantom 🙂

3 minutes ago, hostrauser said:

95% chance Phantom doesn't make Finals this year. They're sitting 15th or 16th overall right now and, while they might pass up a corps or two, I just don't see them passing four or five corps to make Finals.

While this is sad because they’ve been in the big show every year since ‘74, DCI shouldn’t be in the business of propping anyone up just because they’ve been there a long time.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

With fully-working electronics, I think their music scores would have been even higher.

Isn't that an oxymoron? electronics/music

It will make me sad if PR drops out of finals this year, which seems very possible. What has it been for them, 45 consecutive years? Only SCV and BD have are in their league for consecutive finals appearances, with Cavies close behind. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I’m not necessarily defining it as fan friendly. Just that many of us don’t get it, whatever it is.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, hostrauser said:

I see them closer to 13th or 14th. Colts could beat them, but I don't know about Academy. I think Academy's scores right now are a bit inflated due to them being all alone in their tier out west.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 2