Evansville, IN - Monday, June 24, 2019

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

While this is sad because they’ve been in the big show every year since ‘74, DCI shouldn’t be in the business of propping anyone up just because they’ve been there a long time.  

I agree. Funny it happened to Marian Catholic on the high school side this year of not making finals in many years.  

The season is just starting so let’s see where this goes. 

8 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

It will make me sad if PR drops out of finals this year, which seems very possible. What has it been for them, 45 consecutive years? Only SCV and BD have are in their league for consecutive finals appearances, with Cavies close behind. 

how the mighty have fallen -

Madison can relate - 

PR has been borderline for several years now -- 

look at Blue Stars - dropped out of Div1 for a couple decades -- and they make it back to the big leagues -- compared to what the Blue Stars have done, Madison and PR shouldn't really feel too bad about missing top 12 for a few years -- 

• Like 3

A few years ago Boston was like Phantom looking like they might not make finals. They squeaked in. It may happen again, but it will be an up hill fight. 

3 minutes ago, mort2885 said:

Let’s be real. This year’s PR show is infinitely worse than last year’s, and last year’s show was unwatchable. I feel bad for the corps members. They don’t deserve this. 

I haven’t seen PR yet but I agree lasts years show was unwatchable 

2 hours ago, mjoakes said:

And also: I don’t get the Joan thing. Just enjoyed the music and showmanship.

I have previously said the Joan thing is such a crutch.   To use the "Me Too" movement as a means to design yet another show about a woman is so limp.  It really is sort of pathetic that Pitts thought  he was being cutting edge, progressive, "with it" or whatever,  by using the women's movement as an excuse to do another show about a woman.  And don't get me wrong, as a yellow dog Democrat, I'm a huge  supporter of women's rights.  IMHO it simply points out Pitt's lack of creativity, to have to field yet another tired show about a woman.  

The viusal staff, et al, should be relieved of their positions the day the current season ends in August.  Mr. Pusifull'a drill is a mess, Mr. Newburn seems to have brought little to the show and Mr. Berkstresser should go back to his guard work.  And there seems to be a big mystery floating around as to why Mr. Evans is there at all. 

Supporters of PR should immediately begin a special campaign to raise funds to be used only for hiring the best staff money can buy. 

And then there is the BODs?????

Edited by EricS

1 minute ago, WarriorWay said:

I haven’t seen PR yet but I agree lasts years show was unwatchable 

I will third that thought and they are my home team.

1 minute ago, tedrick said:

how the mighty have fallen -

Madison can relate - 

PR has been borderline for several years now -- 

look at Blue Stars - dropped out of Div1 for a couple decades -- and they make it back to the big leagues -- compared to what the Blue Stars have done, Madison and PR shouldn't really feel too bad about missing top 12 for a few years -- 

As a Blue Stars alum from way back in the day, yes, what they did was remarkable and impossible to overstate when discussing degree of difficulty. Incredible leadership in La Crosse. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Well, hell, I’m just gonna say it; I thought Spirit should have made finals last yea. 

i said it last year

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1