Evansville, IN - Monday, June 24, 2019

7 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I know the buzz is about Spirit, but I forgot to mention last night that this is the Crossmen’s first win over Phantom since 2001 (July 31st in Hornell, NY).

That is incredible - as a Crossmen Dad, that is a great milestone for them - thanks for sharing!

5 hours ago, George Dixon said:

it's a JOKE - but the scores do seem to be rapidly going up

I mean 3 points in 2 days is a ton - normally that jump would happen when a corps adds the closer for the first time or something

Typically 0.3-0.5 pts per day or competition historically 

Say it isn't so! I was all set to believe scores would reach 120 because you said so. 🙂

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Oh hmm.  This revitalizes it for me.  The strange declension of words is one of my more fun language games.  Stronkulated. 

Ok -- now conjugate it in all the tenses.

On second thought -- please don't!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

The G.E. sheets do feature "audience engagement" as a criteria.

I don’t think they should at all. If you play Beethoven and Taylor Swift for 100 people and ask them whom they like best, chances are 99 of them are going to say Taylor Swift. Nothing about the judging sheets should in any way be a popularity contest. What I, as an audience member, might find engaging could be total different from what you, an audience member, find engaging. The moment we start rewarding popularity because the moment we lose all individuality in our corps.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, kalad's_phantoms_regiment said:

I would've had them first by a hair over Phantom 🙂

I watched that show after watching the Flo broadcast Sunday right. Totally ruined my night, because show’s today don’t hold a candle to Regiment ‘93.

56 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I don’t think they should at all. If you play Beethoven and Taylor Swift for 100 people and ask them whom they like best, chances are 99 of them are going to say Taylor Swift. Nothing about the judging sheets should in any way be a popularity contest. What I, as an audience member, might find engaging could be total different from what you, an audience member, find engaging. The moment we start rewarding popularity because the moment we lose all individuality in our corps.

I would argue that “audience engagement” is not the same as popularity. 

18 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Oh hmm.  This revitalizes it for me.  The strange declension of words is one of my more fun language games.  Stronkulated. 

Good one!

Wrote a drum exercise that needed a name, so my daughter and I played the same game with the word, "flam".  Result was: Flammulence

• Like 1
  • Haha 3