Cincinnati Summer Music Games 6/25

6 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

Yup.  I wish it were at a bigger stadium-of course I wish that for all shows.  I an psyched that the last Tour Of Champions is at Infocision in Akron and not Massillon this year.  

I’m looking forward to attending all the Ohio shows after we make the big move next  spring or summer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

After having heart surgery just two months ago I wasn’t sure about how many live shows I would see this summer — but I’ll be there tonight in Hamilton in Row 24 Seat 13.  Thirty years ago I was putting oil on bugle valves and now I have a new heart valve. 😂

Anyway, I’m glad to be active and back to work.  I hope to see all of you in person tonight.

It sounds like you’re doing well in recovery.     Glad to hear it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

After having heart surgery just two months ago I wasn’t sure about how many live shows I would see this summer — but I’ll be there tonight in Hamilton in Row 24 Seat 13.  Thirty years ago I was putting oil on bugle valves and now I have a new heart valve. 😂

Anyway, I’m glad to be active and back to work.  I hope to see all of you in person tonight.

I hope none of the shows break your heart --

😄

12 hours ago, Forevergreen said:

Yup.  I wish it were at a bigger stadium-of course I wish that for all shows.  I an psyched that the last Tour Of Champions is at Infocision in Akron and not Massillon this year.  

I usually try to get the Buffalo show because it's just up the road and the line up is often very good... But Akron (on the following night) has SCV added to the ones that are in Buffalo the night before.

So I'm hauling the family to Akron this year!  Got to introduce the 4 year old to the best subculture on the planet.

Word on the street is that Massillon is getting new turf... not sure though.  I always enjoyed sitting under that canopy at Massillon however.  It makes loud... LOUDER.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

I usually try to get the Buffalo show because it's just up the road and the line up is often very good... But Akron (on the following night) has SCV added to the ones that are in Buffalo the night before.

So I'm hauling the family to Akron this year!  Got to introduce the 4 year old to the best subculture on the planet.

Word on the street is that Massillon is getting new turf... not sure though.  I always enjoyed sitting under that canopy at Massillon however.  It makes loud... LOUDER.

That’s very cool.  I love the little ones view on the world. It’s refreshingly honest.

I was not introduced to drum corps until 8.  Before that was all marching band; the town I grew up in had a good program-I could always hear them practicing across town and when old enough my mom gave me permission to ride my bike to go watch.

Edited by Forevergreen
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

That’s very cool.  I love the little ones view on the world. It’s refreshingly honest.

I was not introduced to drum corps until 8.  Before that was all marching band; the town I grew up in had a good program-I could always hear them practicing across town and when old enough my mom gave me permission to ride my bike to go watch.

Ha.  My daughter has parents that are both trumpet playing public school music teachers that have summer off.  And one of them marched Bloo back in the day.

She doesn't stand a chance!

We were visiting my hometown (Johnstown, PA) when she was 2 and we caught some Cadets rehearsal while we were there.  She thought it was pretty cool then, but hasn't seen it since.  The trick is to not over saturate her with a long show (that's a long time to sit and watch anything, especially for a 4 year old).  Working on strategies... will probably be visiting the souvenir booths during some shows and making good on a promise to hit the Cleveland Zoo the next day to keep her in check!

Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, cfirwin3 said:

Ha.  My daughter has parents that are both trumpet playing public school music teachers that have summer off.  And one of them marched Bloo back in the day.

She doesn't stand a chance!

We were visiting my hometown (Johnstown, PA) when she was 2 and we caught some Cadets rehearsal while we were there.  She thought it was pretty cool then, but hasn't seen it since.  The trick is to not over saturate her with a long show (that's a long time to sit and watch anything, especially for a 4 year old).  Working on strategies... will probably be visiting the souvenir booths during some shows and making good on a promise to hit the Cleveland Zoo the next day to keep her in check!

She is sooooo lucky to have you guys. 

• Thanks 1