Cincinnati Summer Music Games 6/25

1 Bluecoats 75.400
2 The Cadets 71.100
3 Spirit of Atlanta 67.900
4 Colts 65.300
5 Madison Scouts 63.450
  • Like 3

Anyone here at the show?

Score inflation much....lol. Not meaning that for Bloo.  They should already be higher to me it is such a detailed show already. But the other corps jumped a lot.

Edited by cadet93
  • Confused 2

So...what’s wrong with the Scouts’ show that they’ve scored essentially the same 3 nights in a row while everyone else is up a few points?  What am I missing.  It’s a better musical show than last year, by far.  Drill looks incomplete?  One would think their score would go up as they practice/clean, etc.  

9 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

3 Spirit of Atlanta 67.900

4 Colts 65.300

That 2.6-point spread is definitely a promising sign for Spirit. Will be interesting to see what the actual spreads between Spirit, Phantom and Colts look like on Friday in Muncie.

• Like 1

Just now, cadet93 said:

Score inflation much....lol. Not meaning that for Bloo.  They should already be higher to me it is such a detailed show already. But the other corps jumped a lot.

I dunno.  Looks like everyone is tracking a similar increase at other shows.

But... for the sake of argument, you could be seeing the consequences of a completely non-competitive show (essentially none of the corps are within competitive range of each other at this show and that has implications for numbers management).

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Prsmpower4 said:

So...what’s wrong with the Scouts’ show that they’ve scored essentially the same 3 nights in a row while everyone else is up a few points?  What am I missing.  It’s a better musical show than last year, by far.  Drill looks incomplete?  One would think their score would go up as they practice/clean, etc.  

It's boring, has no color, has no movement further proving OLD SKOOL won't succeed

3 minutes ago, Prsmpower4 said:

well...

Madison's Monday schedule was "rest and recovery"

Today they rehearsed from 11:30a to 2:45p

As a point of comparison (there is no right and wrong answer) Cadets rehearsed for 13 hours on Monday and squeezed another 6 hours in today before packing for the show at 230p

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

That 2.6-point spread is definitely a promising sign for Spirit. Will be interesting to see what the actual spreads between Spirit, Phantom and Colts look like on Friday in Muncie.

Yep, one would think 2 of the 3 will be finalists. Well 2 of 4 including Crossmen.  Pulling for Spirit this year!

Of course we don't know where Blue Knights fit in.

Edited by cadet93