Cincinnati Summer Music Games 6/25

8 minutes ago, Prsmpower4 said:

So...what’s wrong with the Scouts’ show that they’ve scored essentially the same 3 nights in a row while everyone else is up a few points?  What am I missing.  It’s a better musical show than last year, by far.  Drill looks incomplete?  One would think their score would go up as they practice/clean, etc.  

We’ve got a ton of choreography to add in the next 2 days of rehearsal before our next show, lots of still moments right now. We got overscored in GE 2 our first show but we went up 1.05 points tonight from our last show.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

Yep, one would think 2 of the 3 will be finalists.  Pulling for Spirit this year!

I think it will be 1 out of the 3, but we'll see.

1 minute ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I think it will be 1 out of the 3, but we'll see.

Agree, wasn't initially thinking about Crossmen and BK.

5 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

well...

Madison's Monday schedule was "rest and recovery"

Today they rehearsed from 11:30a to 2:45p

As a point of comparison (there is no right and wrong answer) Cadets rehearsed for 13 hours on Monday and squeezed another 6 hours in today before packing for the show at 230p

They had a free day in Cincinnati.  Sounds like they had a lot of fun.  No word on if they tried the chili.  😉

9 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

But... for the sake of argument

Nah... it’s all due to slotting.... 😂

(too soon...?)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

well...

Madison's Monday schedule was "rest and recovery"

Today they rehearsed from 11:30a to 2:45p

As a point of comparison (there is no right and wrong answer) Cadets rehearsed for 13 hours on Monday and squeezed another 6 hours in today before packing for the show at 230p

Rest and recovery??? From what??? The darn season just started a few days ago! Scouts are getting their butts kicked and getting beat by everyone, and they practice for only 3 hrs 15 min??? Good lord...I realize that this generation is full of soft insecure safe spacers, but for the love of God, I never would have thought that the Madison freaking Scouts would take this route. There is a right answer and its PRACTICE. Fire this regime.

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

They had a free day in Cincinnati.  Sounds like they had a lot of fun.  No word on if they tried the chili.  😉

Skyline chili is awful.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

yup! someone was asking why their score hadn't gone up the past couple days vs. other corps - I'm thinking the schedule might have played a role...

Scouts have a long rehearsal planned tomorrow - I think someone else mentioned they will be adding a bunch of layering

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Rest and recovery??? From what??? The darn season just started a few days ago! Scouts are getting their butts kicked and getting beat by everyone, and they practice for only 3 hrs 15 min??? Good lord...I realize that this generation is full of soft insecure safe spacers, but for the love of God, I never would have thought that the Madison freaking Scouts would take this route. There is a right answer and its PRACTICE. Fire this regime.

The shows just started.  They’d been in ST for over a month.

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2