Cincinnati Summer Music Games 6/25

Just now, FlamMan said:

Come on Jeff, these are 16-22 year olds. The season just started and after the start that Madison has had, every day should be full practice.

well....no. Ya see, health and wellness is something that should be taken into consideration, unlike days of yore superman attitudes and crap treatment that led to overworked, underfed, sick and injured kids. Back in the day you didn't have 5 weeks of spring training where they often go 12-14 hours a day every day. Ya beat the #### out of them 24/7, eventually they start breaking down.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

It's boring, has no color, has no movement further proving OLD SKOOL won't succeed

With all due respect, Scouts got probably the best reponse of the night behind Bluecoats.  They had some very cool elements that the crowd really dug, cool drill, etc.  I thought they moved as much, if not more, than most.  The group I took included adults and middle school band kids and they all liked Scouts second to Blooo.  

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

well....no. Ya see, health and wellness is something that should be taken into consideration, unlike days of yore superman attitudes and crap treatment that led to overworked, underfed, sick and injured kids. Back in the day you didn't have 5 weeks of spring training where they often go 12-14 hours a day every day. Ya beat the #### out of them 24/7, eventually they start breaking down.

Well, you just made a lot of incorrect assumptions. I marched in 4 drum corps 1973 to 1981, the last of which was the Madison Scouts, and I was never ever treated like crap, overworked, underfed, sick or injured. You can attempt to defend the 2019 Madison Scouts leadership team giving members a "rest and relaxation" day 3 days after the start of the season, but while Madison gets rested, their competitors are practicing and the Scouts are losing ground.  The Cadets have the right approach, Madison does not.

1 hour ago, Cicook7 said:

Still can’t get over how in the US they cut time zones in the middle of states. Must be so hectic if you happen to travel between those geographical areas for work or family.

Or live in the eastern time zone and work in the central time zone. Or as they say - fast time and slow time. 

1 hour ago, Guitar1974 said:

With all due respect, Scouts got probably the best reponse of the night behind Bluecoats.  They had some very cool elements that the crowd really dug, cool drill, etc.  I thought they moved as much, if not more, than most.  The group I took included adults and middle school band kids and they all liked Scouts second to Blooo.  

I love the Scouts’ show. I think they have the most room to grow out of the corps around them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlamMan said:

Come on Jeff, these are 16-22 year olds. The season just started and after the start that Madison has had, every day should be full practice.

Excuse me? They’ve performed THREE (!!!!!!) times! Give them time. They will develop, and they don’t need to read about you b******* about it all

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

It's boring, has no color, has no movement further proving OLD SKOOL won't succeed

I mean, OLD SKOOL marched more than today. What they're doing is currently ineffective 

5 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Other countries have their own quirks. One province in Canada is a half-hour different than the next one over. That province was the subject of recent Broadway musical. I haven't seen it; I wonder if any of the songs would translate to drum corps.

Hadestown Province? :laughing:

3 hours ago, DAvery said:

Or live in the eastern time zone and work in the central time zone.

That cannot be easy.  Do you have to set two watches?   LOL