Sign in to follow this  
oldbandguy

Cincinnati Summer Music Games 6/25

Recommended Posts

1 Bluecoats 75.400
2 The Cadets 71.100
3 Spirit of Atlanta 67.900
4 Colts 65.300
5 Madison Scouts 63.450
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone here at the show?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Score inflation much....lol. Not meaning that for Bloo.  They should already be higher to me it is such a detailed show already. But the other corps jumped a lot.

Edited by cadet93
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So...what’s wrong with the Scouts’ show that they’ve scored essentially the same 3 nights in a row while everyone else is up a few points?  What am I missing.  It’s a better musical show than last year, by far.  Drill looks incomplete?  One would think their score would go up as they practice/clean, etc.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

3 Spirit of Atlanta 67.900

4 Colts 65.300

That 2.6-point spread is definitely a promising sign for Spirit. Will be interesting to see what the actual spreads between Spirit, Phantom and Colts look like on Friday in Muncie.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cadet93 said:

Score inflation much....lol. Not meaning that for Bloo.  They should already be higher to me it is such a detailed show already. But the other corps jumped a lot.

I dunno.  Looks like everyone is tracking a similar increase at other shows.

But... for the sake of argument, you could be seeing the consequences of a completely non-competitive show (essentially none of the corps are within competitive range of each other at this show and that has implications for numbers management).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Prsmpower4 said:

So...what’s wrong with the Scouts’ show that they’ve scored essentially the same 3 nights in a row while everyone else is up a few points?  What am I missing.  It’s a better musical show than last year, by far.  Drill looks incomplete?  One would think their score would go up as they practice/clean, etc.  

It's boring, has no color, has no movement further proving OLD SKOOL won't succeed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really nice jump. Really nice run Bloo

posted from the DrumScorps app

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Prsmpower4 said:

So...what’s wrong with the Scouts’ show that they’ve scored essentially the same 3 nights in a row while everyone else is up a few points?  What am I missing.  It’s a better musical show than last year, by far.  Drill looks incomplete?  One would think their score would go up as they practice/clean, etc.  

well...

Madison's Monday schedule was "rest and recovery"

Today they rehearsed from 11:30a to 2:45p

As a point of comparison (there is no right and wrong answer) Cadets rehearsed for 13 hours on Monday and squeezed another 6 hours in today before packing for the show at 230p

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

That 2.6-point spread is definitely a promising sign for Spirit. Will be interesting to see what the actual spreads between Spirit, Phantom and Colts look like on Friday in Muncie.

Yep, one would think 2 of the 3 will be finalists. Well 2 of 4 including Crossmen.  Pulling for Spirit this year!

Of course we don't know where Blue Knights fit in.

Edited by cadet93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.