Lets talk about the Mandarins

Been a Fandarin going way back to the D3 days, even got to see them at one of the Concord Pavilion concerts about twenty years ago, and couldn't be more thrilled to see them bust out like this. And, well, counting Key among our friends sure pumps up the rooting interest even more.

Not gonna lie. The Mrs. & I choked up a little watching them be THAT GOOD on BL&L last August!

I can see this corps challenging for a medal by 2021. Phenomenal organization, great design and educational teams, wonderful member care, and a new style that's all their own.  Sounds like a great recipe for climbing yet higher.

Edited by grenadasmoothie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ThePlanets said:

BK strange and Mandarins strange are two totally different weirds. BK is more of an introspective/overthinking/psychological weird weird while Mandarins shows the past 2 years are just downright creepy/weird/scary/nightmare. I could see BK doing something like the inkblot show though.

Oh i'd agree, they're very different types of weird.  But the "this is new and weird" is part of a buzz that generates from both.  For me, BK was more "ooh trippy journey to the center of my soul"  and Mandarins were more "my soul wears black because that's the color the little voices tell me to wear."  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1