Congratulations Jeff Ream!

25 minutes ago, HolyNOLA said:

DCP is not under original ownership? That would explain the Draconian censorship. Also shows how long I've been away. 

oh please. it's FAR better than it used to be. And if you don't like it, well...don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya

• Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 4:02 PM, Jeff Ream said:

exactly. the old OT and current event forums had zillions of posts from 2002-2007. Then the current management archived/purged the current events forum and a ton of older posts and i landed somewhere in the 90's....I only know because someone pointed it out to me.

Yeah, those old OT forums were the main reason i came on the site back in the day. Before i even marched! (And those OT forums were where i met two of the people who got me to where I ended up!) But then they hid those forums and they were restricted to members who requested access, which pretty much killed them.  I had many thousands more posts, but likewise lost that count in one of the many reindexings.

Miss what it was before that. The politics\current events forum is probably best gone, but its kind of sad to look down at those forums and see the most recent posts were months ago 

Edited by AlexL

On 6/25/2019 at 1:21 PM, hostrauser said:

For reaching 100,000 posts here on DCP!

What the **** is wrong with you. 😂

So did his post count roll back over to 1 like an old car's odometer? 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

oh please. it's FAR better than it used to be. And if you don't like it, well...don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya

ouch!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I wish I would have been more involved in the boards back then, but such is life. I have yet to see the original G7 documents, though I've heard marvelous stories of merry wonderment. 

Not sure if they're still available publicly. A May 2010 thread linked to the infamous G7 Powerpoint presentation in Dropbox, but that link no longer works.

Here's the August 2010 CNN story on the G7, which mentions how the documents were leaked here, but it doesn't include a link to the material. I tried Googling a few phrases from the proposal that were quoted here, and the only results I get are those very quotes here.

I wonder if the actual proposal is lost to the ages. (The internet is much worse for saving information than many once believed.) Though presumably some people here downloaded it and have it saved in their personal files.

In any case, if you read through some of the long threads of May 2010, you'll get a pretty good sense of it.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Not sure if they're still available publicly. A May 2010 thread linked to the infamous G7 Powerpoint presentation in Dropbox, but that link no longer works.

Here's the August 2010 CNN story on the G7, which mentions how the documents were leaked here, but it doesn't include a link to the material. I tried Googling a few phrases from the proposal that were quoted here, and the only results I get are those very quotes here.

I wonder if the actual proposal is lost to the ages. (The internet is much worse for saving information than many once believed.) Though presumably some people here downloaded it and have it saved in their personal files.

In any case, if you read through some of the long threads of May 2010, you'll get a pretty good sense of it.

I have a copy of the proposal.  And I'm sure you are right.  Many others do as well.

Scanning through some of those 2010 discussions, I noticed at one point someone made a joke about Jeff's posting frequency, and Jeff replied about not knowing how many posts he had, so someone else pointed out that he then had 147,000. Can that be right?

On 6/25/2019 at 1:49 PM, Jeff Ream said:

again? i hit it in 2007, but then they eliminated some forums, stuff got archived/deleted.....85% of my posts since 2002 were in the off topic forums

Compiler

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

ouch!

you were fine. some of your mods...eh

4 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I have a thumb drive with it somewhere....