Congratulations Jeff Ream!

3 hours ago, Jeffe77 said:

Compiler

yeah but we had a similar rant on DCAF tonight!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

yeah but we had a similar rant on DCAF tonight!

Can’t wait to hear it! 

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

oh please. it's FAR better than it used to be. And if you don't like it, well...don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya

Hey Jeff, serious question. What do you do for a living? Just wondering how one has time to post on a message board a quarter million times.

9 hours ago, HolyNOLA said:

Hey Jeff, serious question. What do you do for a living? Just wondering how one has time to post on a message board a quarter million times.

now I do mortgages. lots of downtime on conference calls.

The bulk of the posts were from 2002-2007, when I worked in retail, had no kid, and had hours of hours of free time to play online. Some people played video games. Some people vegged in front of the tv. I got on DCP. As shown earlier, I cracked 100K the first time in 2007. A huge majority...like 90% of it...was in the Off Topic Forums which used to be incredibly active. Like people went out of their way to meet other people from in there. Several attended my wedding. We'd get together at shows. I think a bunch were there when I proposed to my wife.  As stuff got archived, deleted, purged whatever a few years ago...or several, hell I don't know....i landed somewhere back in the 90,000's. I have no idea, I don't keep track. By my best guess, after the purge, I may have 8-9000 posts in say 9 years. no clue. I only keep coming back to this thread for entertainment.

if other people didn't bring it up, I wouldn't know the number or care. the number of threads on here I don't even look at is huge. When I see a topic I'm passionate about, I post. 

and conference call is done in 10, so back to work!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

you were fine. some of your mods...eh

You just had a serious crush on Stefania and couldn’t handle all her feedback and rejections 

24 minutes ago, MikeN said:

😆

Mike

so - "back in the day" there were about 10,000 posts on many days and a thousand active users at once

it required a lot more mods and a lot more active engagement on the teams part

comparing it to the current site is almost comparing apples to oranges

then - folks would get quite upset when "rumor post" weren't allowed or we combined threads or dealt with "trolls"

users are much more savvy today - and frankly moderate themselves for the most part

I'm proud DCP has remained an active and important voice in the DCI world - everyone reads it - TRUST ME 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

then - folks would get quite upset when "rumor post" weren't allowed or we combined threads or dealt with "trolls"

People don't like being censored. I'm sure you can understand that. 

5 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

so - "back in the day" there were about 10,000 posts on many days and a thousand active users at once

it required a lot more mods and a lot more active engagement on the teams part

comparing it to the current site is almost comparing apples to oranges

users are much more savvy today - and frankly moderate themselves for the most part

I'm proud DCP has remained an active and important voice in the DCI world - everyone reads it - TRUST ME 

trolls make it more fun. 

• Haha 1