Innovations in Brass Pittsburgh, June 26, 2019

15 hours ago, mfrontz said:

Very pleased with show tonight. Lots of good things happening with each corps there. Maybe tomorrow I will write something longer. Upcoming are pics of Bluecoats I took with my cruddy phone camera because it might be the nicest backdrop they have this season.

great to hear you enjoyed - would love to hear your thoughts...

14 hours ago, DCI-86 said:

As it has been for the last few years!  Gotta fix that.  They need a new guard designer and a new drill writer!

Seems like lots to do. Did the Cadets not bring in a new guard designer this year?  I was at the Pittsburgh show and I am not sure design is the issue. The performance was not wonderful. Sorry kids but when compared to the Bluecoats, there is really not a comparison. That kind of issue does not disappear with a new designer. 

And as for the drill designer, Bobby Jones has done a pretty good job with the Bucs for like two decades. I know DCA and DCI is different but, is it that different? Maybe I am missing something?

This is my first post after years of lurking.  We will see how long I can last.

2 hours ago, Amazed&Stunned said:

Seems like lots to do. Did the Cadets not bring in a new guard designer this year?  I was at the Pittsburgh show and I am not sure design is the issue. The performance was not wonderful. Sorry kids but when compared to the Bluecoats, there is really not a comparison. That kind of issue does not disappear with a new designer. 

And as for the drill designer, Bobby Jones has done a pretty good job with the Bucs for like two decades. I know DCA and DCI is different but, is it that different? Maybe I am missing something?

This is my first post after years of lurking.  We will see how long I can last.

I think I read that Bobby Jones was out as drill designer a couple weeks before tour started. 

Welcome!

Edited by mfrontz

16 hours ago, Amazed&Stunned said:

And as for the drill designer, Bobby Jones has done a pretty good job with the Bucs for like two decades. I know DCA and DCI is different but, is it that different?

Yes,  yes it is drastically different