Cheering for Spirit BIGTIME!

Ironically, Spirit of Atlanta is my older brothers favorite drum and bugle corps. Going into his freshman year the corps stayed at our high school and competed in the show that taking taking place in Houston. I can say I had a similar experience when Crown stayed at our high school in 2008. Did it influence my fandom of The Cavaliers? Absolutely not! 

Regardless, I am happy with what Spirit is doing well this season. I hope they keep up the pace!

Edited by Hook'emCavies
  • Like 3

I'm excited for them, I was a little scared a few years ago, but they've really turned it around.  I had a feeling in 2017 that they were onto something good, and last year continued that.  And whether or not this years show makes finals (really pulling for them to and I think they have a good shot), this is the best they've looked since 2013 for sure.  And it sounds like behind the scenes it's just as good which is what really matters.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

I'm excited for them, I was a little scared a few years ago, but they've really turned it around.  I had a feeling in 2017 that they were onto something good, and last year continued that.  And whether or not this years show makes finals (really pulling for them to and I think they have a good shot), this is the best they've looked since 2013 for sure.  And it sounds like behind the scenes it's just as good which is what really matters.  

Yes it is the best they’ve looked since 2013. And it also shows what happens when you take a Corps like their 2013 Corps and hand it to Administrative leadership that is completely clueless. It took 6 years to get over that disaster. May it never come again. 

• Like 3

I have that same gut feeling that Spirit’s show is indeed Finals-caliber that I felt with the Mandarins last year, and with The Academy in 2016. And I was proven right the last two times I felt it, so I have confidence that Spirit will do the same!

• Like 5

My son and I are excited we’ll see them at DCI Mesquite, and he is looking forward to a reunion with his front ensemble comrades from last year ... I think there were 5 or 6 returnees this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I am, too.  I thought they should have made the cut last year. 

They were clean. The judges between my ears had them marching on Saturday night.

• Like 7