The OTT, ZINGALLI and SANFORD. Were do they end up this year ?

Someone on another thread where this was discussed proposed a weighted average method of awarding caption winners. 

20% Quarters, 30% Semis, 50% Finals. I could live with that better than I can the current method. Agreed, if you bomb on Finals night, tough luck. 

To the point of the OP's question:

Sanford - I'd bet a Snickers on SCV.

Ott - Head says SCV, heart says Cavaliers in an upset. 

Zingali - Gali, I don't know. I'll say Bloo. 

• Like 2

I like the weighted percentage idea, but how can anyone assess a performance in comparison to another without waiting for every corps to perform?

Each adjudicator is required to match the criteria to each of the criteria boxes to each corps performance regardless of order of appearance, I doubt seriously that is actually ever done and if so it happens rarely. 

The logical manner would be to have an average of a sub caption available for every corps up to the date of a said competition and determine if the performance is better than, equal to or less than that average of that individual corps. 

At this juncture I could see SCV winning percussion, Bluecoats winning overall Visual, Boston wins guard, and Crown winning brass. But it looks like at least 3 to 4 corps have a shot at each of these captions. This is one talented and competitive top 6 this year.  Just like last year. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

At this juncture I could see SCV winning percussion, Bluecoats winning overall Visual, Boston wins guard, and Crown winning brass. But it looks like at least 3 to 4 corps have a shot at each of these captions. This is one talented and competitive top 6 this year.  Just like last year. 

right now, from all I have seen online, the top 6 all have top 3 shows. The problem is who does what over the next month plus and how it shakes out......which makes for a fun summer.

• Like 5

I'll just go with Crown or SCV for the Ott as both are undefeated in Brass so far (but we're only a week in), Zingali to Boston or SCV for the same reason, and Sanford has to have SCV as the favorite but Bluecoats, BD and Crown are at their heels.

As usual, percussion in my eyes is the caption to watch. The top lines are mostly always steps above the rest but the parity in those lines between the top corps each year makes for some great competition.

• Like 2

Bold Prediction Alert! (just for fun)

Brass- Bluecoats

Percussion- SCV

Guard -Boston

Visual- Boston

GE- Bluecoats

• Like 6

Ott- SCV

Zingali - Boston

Sanford- SCV

• Like 2