2019 Saints Showcase Columbus Drum Corps Show

The Columbus Saints Drum and Bugle Corps is excited to announce the return of the Saints Showcase, an all-ages marching competition. The event will be held on July 20th, 2019 at Watkins Memorial High School in Pataskala, OH. The excitement begins at 7:00 pm. Ticket prices start at $7 each. This year’s competing ensembles are […]

View the full article

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to Warrior Stadium on the grounds of Watkins Memorial High School in Pataskala, Ohio, site of the 2019 Saints Showcase Drum Corps Associates competition! My name is Kevin Gamin, Managing News Editor of Drum Corps Planet, and I will be providing you LIVE! From the Stands coverage of tonight’s event. The show starts in just 15 minutes so be sure to join me for all of the action!

• Thanks 1

Our first performing unit, performing in exhibition, is Rogues Hollow Regiment from Doylestown, Ohio. Here is their 2019 program information:

• Show Title: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Jive

The corps opens their exhibition with a fun rendition of the Family Feud theme. These cats can play!

They now go into Ah-Ha’s Take Me On. The corps is working hard to get the crowd heated up.

Next song is an Empire Statesmen classic, I Go To Rio. I just played this in May with the Statesmen Alumni during the Rochester Lilac parade. It’s a little weird hearing it played on Bb horns, but RHR is more than doing justice to the arrangement.

Rogues Hollow has some serious trumpet screamers.

Horns take a break and the percussion takes center stage.

Horns are back in for a killer arrangement of Gonna Fly Now, Maynard Ferguson style.

This is all standstill and not RHR’s actual performance, but they are treating us to the first movement of their show.