Muncie, IN - Friday, June 28, 2019

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I think they’ll beat Scouts and Colts. 

Definitely Scouts. Will be close with Colts. 

3 minutes ago, fanman said:

PR performance much improved. But this show feels a decade out of date. 

Carolina Crown: “Hold my beer.”

(I dig it though)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

They’re still pretty rough around the edges, and have a lot more to add and refine, but I don’t think it’s all doom and gloom like I’ve been reading. I still see them as having a very good chance of making Finals. I also think it’s an improvement over last year.

• Like 7

Speaking strictly as a brass guy, that book is a bit ambitious for this line. The corps is having trouble with the range, and I think Fire could have been brought down a few keys. I dig the show much more than I thought I was going to. If they can clean the music, they’ll play innocent Saturday night.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Phantom - Love the opener!  Should clean up nicely.  FOEG very moving and beautiful.  Thought the battle cry singing section was effective and set up the closer nicely. 

There shouldn’t be singing in Drum Corps. Ever. Now get off my lawn! 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Some of you might hate me for saying this, but Will Pitts murdered that arraignment Fire of Eternal Glory. 

Agreed.

posted from the DrumScorps app

12 minutes ago, Lance said:

this phantom show is far more interesting for me than what they've done the past couple of years. 

are they just not doing enough with props and staging? 

Interesting is good. But they are just very sloppy with execution. The design isn’t bad, they just need a lot of time to perfect things so the visual can work 

Edited by Den8uml

Well well Phantom, not any where ready to lay down and die. There is a lot of great material there!!! Dirty? yes. Unfocused at times? yes. But the best show of the evening thus far for sure. Could be really strong by the end if the right decisions and cleaning take place. Won't be top ten, but that is such a tall order these days. I really enjoyed it!!!

• Like 2