Muncie, IN - Friday, June 28, 2019

Crown absolutely killed it tonight!  Brass, drums and GE were on fire.  I really think this show is more of a 1 or 2 place show, but I will reserve that judgement until they all meet up on the 50 and go head to head.

I am not a guard person, but they seem 100% cleaner than they did a week ago.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jeffmolnar said:

I like how Crown sounds amazing and marches real drill, but I still don’t really understand what the show is about. I think that will keep them out of medal contention. BD-SCV-Bloo are too strong.

I felt that way with Bluecoats in 2016 yet they won the whole thing. Crazier things have happened in this activity.

• Like 2

I like how Crown sounds amazing and marches real drill, but I still don’t really understand what the show is about. I think that will keep them out of medal contention. BD-SCV-Bloo are too strong.

Yeah, I think Bloo doesn't have the show to tangle with Crown, BD and SCV. I don't know what Crown's show is about either, but the design and performance are sheer brilliance. This show is going to take them far. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

I felt that way with Bluecoats in 2016 yet they won the whole thing. Crazier things have happened in this activity.

Exactly. Nobody really knew what e=mc2 was about, yet it won.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Yeah, I think Bloo doesn't have the show to tangle with Crown, BD and SCV. I don't know what Crown's show is about either, but the design and performance are sheer brilliance. This show is going to take them far. 

oh, hard disagree. If anything, I have Bloo’s show ahead of everyone else. Far ahead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

I love crown.  Always have. Enjoyed that show  a lot! Not sure it has enough to win tho but who cares it’s early and fun just to watch. Easily one of my favorite shows of the season.

The good:

Brass is great as always. I think they are the best right now.

Drums may be better than usual and that says a lot cuz they always have such a talented group.  

Music arrangement- impressive 

Drill design! Really cool stuff 

Not as good:

Guard seems good but maybe not on the level of some others especially with  difficulty, and certainly not featured in the design enough to be going for it

props- it’s like having props just to have them. 

Agreed, I think the guard can clean but Crowns props are not integrated as well as SCV or BD. I do like the stage though. Otherwise I can’t find much of anything else wrong with the show.

• Like 2

oh, hard disagree. If anything, I have Bloo’s show ahead of everyone else. Far ahead.

I will agree in terms of cleanliness. It just feels like they came out of the gate with a very complete show in comparison to those around them. Could come back to haunt them.

• Like 2