Muncie, IN - Friday, June 28, 2019

13 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

They haven't performed in 4 days and they will have their closer in. Maybe my prediction is wrong but I don't think a +5.300 jump is improbable. Its happened before with corps who have had extended breaks.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Exactly. I am so dying to see their closer.

1 minute ago, queenanne_1536 said:

But that’s all relative. Bluecoats score could have been lower in Muncie and Crown’s could have been higher in Allentown. We don’t know. 

Or ... Bluecoats score could have been higher in Muncie and Crown's could have been lower in Allentown.  We don't know.

... and to speculate one way over the other seems to indicate a bias.  .... or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Yes, Crown is wonderful.....great drill and their music is sublime! But other than that, the wow factor is missing for me. All the transparency in the design just creates a whole lotta blah on the field. The unis are super cool in close-ups, but lose impact from a distance. I find the props to be so ineffective....they just disappear. And the plexi panels are floppy and smudged and just....no. They're cool in theory, but not so much in reality. Now I totally get that in person, it can be a whole other experience. I know this. But I did see SCV and BD in person and they are in another league IMHO, in terms of wow factor. I would add Bluecoats as well. 

Crown has always been one of my favorite corps...but, I have them In 4th right now. But of course that could totally change. It's so so early. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, POSITIVenrgy said:

Yes, Crown is wonderful.....great drill and their music is sublime! But other than that, the wow factor is missing for me. All the transparency in the design just creates a whole lotta blah on the field. The unis are super cool in close-ups, but lose impact from a distance. I find the props to be so ineffective....they just disappear. And the plexi panels are floppy and smudged and just....no. They're cool in theory, but not so much in reality. Now I totally get that in person, it can be a whole other experience. I know this. But I did see SCV and BD in person and they are in another league IMHO, in terms of wow factor. I would add Bluecoats as well. 

Crown has always been one of my favorite corps...but, I have them In 4th right now. But of course that could totally change. It's so so early. 

If I have one complaint, it is those plexiglass things. 

• Like 6

I have Crown in 13th right now. There show is great, wonderful design, but there is no way they are beating the Bluecoats who have much more sparkle. Because we all know Sparkle = GE. And GE wins championships. Based on the fact that all of these bandos like their show, and the fact that they are two points behind Blue tonight, and a full point and a half behind BAC, there is no way their lack of Sparkle can recover from that. SCV, BD, BAC, all of the B’s, Crossmen, even BD “C”, they all have Sparkle. All Crown has is shower curtains, No Sparkle, no ring. 

Edited by Newseditor44
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

I have Crown in 13th right now. There show is great, wonderful design, but there is no way they are beating the Bluecoats who have much more sparkle. Because we all know Sparkle = GE. And GE wins championships. Based on the fact that all of these bandos like their show, and the fact that they are two points behind Blue tonight, and a full point and a half behind BAC, there is no way their lack of Sparkle can recover from that. SCV, BD, BAC, all of the B’s, Crossmen, even BD “C”, they all have Sparkle. All Crown has is shower curtains, No Sparkle, no ring. 

I don’t know man, they have triangles, an angled pit and plexiglass! That’s got to be at least enough for 10th! 😂

11 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Academy fans about to tell you that objects in mirror are closer than they appear

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Lance said:

dci memphis on july 13th is a day i'm looking forward to on this board.  i believe that's the next time crown meets bac, and i'm thinking there will be some colorful exchanges on here. yeah, colorful. 

They'll meet July 5th and 6th