Muncie, IN - Friday, June 28, 2019

2 hours ago, karuna said:

IMHO there's not a caption these performers cannot win. I think they might even have a slim shot at percussion :ninja:

I would rank it better than slim. We will see soon enough on the July 13th! BTW - they were AWESOME in person the last few days. And they way they interacted with the students at the MFA symposium as incredible. Very classy.

• Like 1

Enjoyed watching all the shows on Flo last night!  First time seeing all but Spirit.  No negative comments here, I found something to like in every performance.  The energy from the crowd...A++++!  I can only imagine how it felt to be there in person.  CrownBEAT can't get here soon enough, I'm ready to see some shows from the stands!! 😁 💙

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

13TH? I guess we still have not learned that you cannot really compare corps based on shows in different locations. Based on this logic Bluecoats and Boston are better than SCV right now. In a week Boston will meet up with Crown again. Let's see if your comparison holds. You don't get to take a bow until you actually beat a corps. Last I checked Crown has beaten BAC every meeting this year. I very much doubt BAC and SCV are even right now. And by the way... at the show in Muncie... Crown SPARKLED. And the also SPARKLED in a run through the nigh before after a 14 hours day in the sum where they had been playing a lot. I for one would not underestimate this team and this show.

LOL!  I guess you didn't catch Newseditor44's sarcasm.  Not only does he not have Crown in 13th, he probably has them vying for first.  Speaking for myself, all these scores really tell us is that there seems to be an fairly tight grouping of six corps realistically separated by only 2.5 points or so.  That is all.

Edited by craiga
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

13TH? I guess we still have not learned that you cannot really compare corps based on shows in different locations. Based on this logic Bluecoats and Boston are better than SCV right now. In a week Boston will meet up with Crown again. Let's see if your comparison holds. You don't get to take a bow until you actually beat a corps. Last I checked Crown has beaten BAC every meeting this year. I very much doubt BAC and SCV are even right now. And by the way... at the show in Muncie... Crown SPARKLED. And the also SPARKLED in a run through the nigh before after a 14 hours day in the sum where they had been playing a lot. I for one would not underestimate this team and this show.

Yeah I don’t get the lack of sparkle comment for Crown. It is a very driven show that hits hard .. and definitely not about tinker bell notes. I see determination in the Corp   

It’s hard for me to be objective about the Bluecoats show ... I just hate the Beatles, and I love their execution but not their staging style over many years  .. 

I still say BAC = Carolina Crown North .. even down to the Goliath show graphics that look exactly like Relentless.

Haven't seen BD or SCV  

You can hate on me now  

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

I think he was joking.

52 minutes ago, craiga said:

LOL!  I guess you didn't catch Newseditor44's sarcasm.  Not only does he not have Crown in 13th, he probably has them vying for first.  Speaking for myself, all these scores really tell us is that there seems to be an fairly tight grouping of six corps realistically separated by only 2.5 points or so.  That is all.

The thing is, when all six meet up, it's more likely the spread between 1st and 6th is going to be more like 4 points. At the exact same night last year, these were the scores (different shows of course):

1. 76.40 Bluecoats 

2. 75.55 Crown

2. 75.55 Vanguard*

4. 74.30 Cavaliers

5. 73.80 Boston (2.6 down from Bluecoats)

* Insert Blue Devils between Vanguard and Cavies. This looked like we had got a dog fight on our hands. It looked like it was anyones game. Only it wasn't. It never was. It's not this year either.

As soon as they started meeting up, this is what happened:

• At San Antonio, Vanguard was in 1st more than 4 points ahead of Boston, who was in 6th.
  • Vanguard was steamrolling to the title and went unchallenged.
  • The top 3 were firmly in front of Crown, Cavies and BAC, and their position in the top 3 was never at risk.
  • Bluecoats went undefeated until July 15th when they met up with BD.
  • Bluecoats only managed to beat the Blue Devils once (before San Antonio).
  • Bluecoats never beat Vanguard.
  • Blue Devils did not beat Vanguard (after the third show of the season).
  • Boston never beat Crown (they tied once), Bluecoats, Blue Devils or Vanguard.
  • Crown never beat Bluecoats, Devils or Vanguard.
  • Cavies never beat Bluecoats, Crown, Vanguard or Blue Devils.
  • The order of the placements of the top 4 in San Antonio held exactly the same through finals.
  • The only change in the top 6 between San Antonio and finals was Boston passing the Cavies.

We are going to see the exact same thing this year. This is just not going to be a 6 man race for the title. It just isn't. It never was and it never will be. On July 5th, Bluecoats meet up with Cavies and Vanguard. We will see, on that night, where everyone stands, now that we will have a link between what's happening in the east and the west. 

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, GeorgiaPitMom said:

Enjoyed watching all the shows on Flo last night!  First time seeing all but Spirit.  No negative comments here, I found something to like in every performance.  The energy from the crowd...A++++!  I can only imagine how it felt to be there in person.  CrownBEAT can't get here soon enough, I'm ready to see some shows from the stands!! 😁 💙

The judges are just doing to devour Spirits show. It's like a HUGE buffet with everything the judges love to eat. They are going to pig out and be in hog heaven. I love their show too. I will be very surprised if they are not in finals this year.

12 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

The thing is, when all six meet up, it's more likely the spread between 1st and 6th is going to be more like 4 points. At the exact same night last year, these were the scores (different shows of course):

1. 76.40 Bluecoats 

2. 75.55 Crown

2. 75.55 Vanguard*

4. 74.30 Cavaliers

5. 73.80 Boston (2.6 down from Bluecoats)

* Insert Blue Devils between Vanguard and Cavies. This looked like we had got a dog fight on our hands. It looked like it was anyones game. Only it wasn't. It never was. It's not this year either.

As soon as they started meeting up, this is what happened:

• At San Antonio, Vanguard was in 1st more than 4 points ahead of Boston, who was in 6th.
  • Vanguard was steamrolling to the title and went unchallenged.
  • The top 3 were firmly in front of Crown, Cavies and BAC, and their position in the top 3 was never at risk.
  • Bluecoats went undefeated until July 15th when they met up with BD.
  • Bluecoats only managed to beat the Blue Devils once (before San Antonio).
  • Bluecoats never beat Vanguard.
  • Blue Devils did not beat Vanguard (after the third show of the season).
  • Boston never beat Crown (they tied once), Bluecoats, Blue Devils or Vanguard.
  • Crown never beat Bluecoats, Devils or Vanguard.
  • Cavies never beat Bluecoats, Crown, Vanguard or Blue Devils.
  • The order of the placements of the top 4 in San Antonio held exactly the same through finals.
  • The only change in the top 6 between San Antonio and finals was Boston passing the Cavies.

We are going to see the exact same thing this year. This is just not going to be a 6 man race for the title. It just isn't. It never was and it never will be. On July 5th, Bluecoats meet up with Cavies and Vanguard. We will see, on that night, where everyone stands, now that we will have a link between what's happening in the east and the west. 

Never say never, my Queen.

1 hour ago, MusicManNJ said:

Y’all know I’m a Crown homer,  but this was highly sarcastic.

But I also call things as I see them. The last two years I’ve preached that Crown had issues. I don’t think that’s the case this season. Great overall package, much better GE integrated into the show. And plenty of room to grow. BD and SCV have left the door open just a bit, but the Bluecoats are worthy opponents. 

So who wins this year? That’s easy to answer, it’s the fans. There is a large list of highly entertaining programs this season. 

Edited by Newseditor44
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, MusicManNJ said:

Boy, that went over your head...

• Haha 1