Muncie, IN - Friday, June 28, 2019

Bones need to clean up the percussion

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cfmninjaa said:

They haven't performed in 4 days and they will have their closer in. Maybe my prediction is wrong but I don't think a +5.300 jump is improbable. Its happened before with corps who have had extended breaks.

posted from the DrumScorps app

IS CLOSER CONFIRMED IN GOING FORWARD??

Wow.  What a spectacular performance by Crown.  SO MUCH done in the past few days.

For those poo-pooing the guard's vocabulary,  please list in detail why it's deficient.  The range, breadth, and complexity with near constant use of the triad is in evidence throughout the show.  I find the dance vocabulary to be particularly interesting this year.  Kudos to all the choreographers.  This is truly a CrownGuard book.  IMO CrownGuard's challenge is getting the consistency performer to performer and NOT the written book at all.  There are lot of details yet to be addressed.  But that book will stand up to any guard this season.  

It will be fun to watch the fireworks on DCP when Crown links back up with Boston and Bluecoats.  The theories and explanations and ... well.. it's going to be fun.  

IMHO there's not a caption these performers cannot win. I think they might even have a slim shot at percussion :ninja:

Edited by karuna
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

I have Crown in 13th right now. There show is great, wonderful design, but there is no way they are beating the Bluecoats who have much more sparkle. Because we all know Sparkle = GE. And GE wins championships. Based on the fact that all of these bandos like their show, and the fact that they are two points behind Blue tonight, and a full point and a half behind BAC, there is no way their lack of Sparkle can recover from that. SCV, BD, BAC, all of the B’s, Crossmen, even BD “C”, they all have Sparkle. All Crown has is shower curtains, No Sparkle, no ring. 

so they need Neely O'Hara is what you're saying?

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

I have Crown in 13th right now. There show is great, wonderful design, but there is no way they are beating the Bluecoats who have much more sparkle. Because we all know Sparkle = GE. And GE wins championships. Based on the fact that all of these bandos like their show, and the fact that they are two points behind Blue tonight, and a full point and a half behind BAC, there is no way their lack of Sparkle can recover from that. SCV, BD, BAC, all of the B’s, Crossmen, even BD “C”, they all have Sparkle. All Crown has is shower curtains, No Sparkle, no ring. 

13TH? I guess we still have not learned that you cannot really compare corps based on shows in different locations. Based on this logic Bluecoats and Boston are better than SCV right now. In a week Boston will meet up with Crown again. Let's see if your comparison holds. You don't get to take a bow until you actually beat a corps. Last I checked Crown has beaten BAC every meeting this year. I very much doubt BAC and SCV are even right now. And by the way... at the show in Muncie... Crown SPARKLED. And the also SPARKLED in a run through the nigh before after a 14 hours day in the sum where they had been playing a lot. I for one would not underestimate this team and this show.