Allentown, PA - Friday, June 28, 2019

10 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

Those were already in the works. Props had already come and gone once.

My only point - I'm having a hard time watching my corps slip out of the upper tier, maybe permanently.

I totally get the disappointment 

they will return to the upper ranks - they are putting the organization pieces together

heck Cadets score going up faster than Crown so there is that 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

The Cadets just got five-pointed by the Bluecoats at J. Birney Crum.

What planet is this?

Cadets are a bottom 6 corps now - there is no shame in being a 7th - 12th place corps - that is still elite.

They will be medalist level again within 5 years (sometime between 2020 and 2025) hold me to this - let's check in in 5 years --

• Like 1

Couple pics of Bluecoats

ppopYLD.jpg

VM4BNgX.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I totally get the disappointment 

they will return to the upper ranks - they are putting the organization pieces together

heck Cadets score going up faster than Crown so there is that 

To compare across shows is not reasonable tonight. 

The top guard number in Allentown was a 16.2; the top guard number in Muncie was a 14.5

The top visual ensemble number in Allentown was a 16.3. The top visual ensemble number in Muncie was a 15.1

The numbers are really not comparable. 

To compare Crown's number to the Cadets is not a wise choice. Comparing Cadets to Boston and Bluecoats is the only thing you can do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know you can’t compare show scores. But these were completely crazy! I’m gonna guess they’re about 3 points inflated.

• Like 1

I say a 1 point inflation at most. Bloos score was pretty on track for the most part considering they scored a 77.2 two days ago. Boston's score confuses me a little which is why I say 1 point inflation at the most

5 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

I say a 1 point inflation at most. Bloos score was pretty on track for the most part considering they scored a 77.2 two days ago. Boston's score confuses me a little which is why I say 1 point inflation at the most

Bloo is an outlier in GE and percussion.  Cadets is also pushing percussion scores up.  Boston has a top notch guard, is doing very well in Visual, and their brass is holding their own (better than ever in the past).  At a heavily attended competition, there would be other corps' captions ranked among this group's spreads causing more downward pressure on overall scores.  

8 hours ago, tedrick said:

Cadets are a bottom 6 corps now - there is no shame in being a 7th - 12th place corps - that is still elite.

They will be medalist level again within 5 years (sometime between 2020 and 2025) hold me to this - let's check in in 5 years --

Sooner than that.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

I know you can’t compare show scores. But these were completely crazy! I’m gonna guess they’re about 3 points inflated.

These aren't as inflated as the others were deflated.  The other shows had the leaders devoid of direct competition.  This show was as close as you could get to direct competition for 1st, but there really was no question as to how it would shake out.

We need a TOC or regional show... Devils need to get back in too.

Edited by cfirwin3