Vista, CA - Friday, June 28, 2019

Very curious to see if PC can premier within 2 points of Troop, who's show I think has a ton of room to grow, and who will be fresh off of some intense cleaning days.  And to see how hot BK lands. I love BK so much, and I'm really interested to see if the preseason buzz about fixing their visual designs rings true.

I think, though, that I am most interested in seeing how strongly Genesis premiers. They had an undeniably bad season last year, from the drill designer fiasco to various rumors about situations within the corps during tour, etc. I think this season will be really critical for Genesis --- two bad ones in a row for such a new, unestablished corps would be hard to recover from. I'm hoping for a rebound season for them...they're a terrific group who had some of the best shows in OC in recent years and premiered so strongly into WC two seasons ago. It'll definitely be a nailbiter for me to hear the general reaction, but as long as it sounds like they've got the pieces in place for a better season, I'll be a happy guy. Our activity is stronger when the bottom tier of corps is thriving & growing along with the rest.

Edited by Jake W.
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

Very curious to see if PC can premier within 2 points of Troop, who's show I think has a ton of room to grow, and who will be fresh off of some intense cleaning days.  And to see how hot BK lands. I love BK so much, and I'm really interested to see if the preseason buzz about fixing their visual designs rings true.

I think, though, that I am most interested in seeing how strongly Genesis premiers. They had an undeniably bad season last year, from the drill designer fiasco to various rumors about situations within the corps during tour, etc. I think this season will be really critical for Genesis --- two bad ones in a row for such a new, unestablished corps would be hard to recover from. I'm hoping for a rebound season for them...they're a terrific group who had some of the best shows in OC in recent years and premiered so strongly into WC two seasons ago. It'll definitely be a nailbiter for me to hear the general reaction, but as long as it sounds like they've got the pieces in place for a better season, I'll be a happy guy. Our activity is stronger when the bottom tier of corps is thriving & growing along with the rest.

With 1 in Genesis last year & 2 this year, I can say with confidence they are light years ahead of last year at this point. I really like the show this year & though it needs a ton of work as they all do, I'm very excited to see how it evolves throughout the season. From the Ground Up!

1 hour ago, Jake W. said:

They are in a tough spot after going on after SCV and Cavies.  It will hurt their score and some nerves may hit the number a little.  I wouldn't put too much into tonight and wait for them to perform near each other.  Now if they beat them thats a whole different story.

51 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

So SCV closer goes in tonight I believe. Plus the 2019 debut for BK - wish I was there for both!

The San Francisco LGBTQ Pride Parade is tomorrow and we’re getting ready with rainbow streamers and multi-hued glitter. I’ll be waving from the Zuora float. It’s almost parade time! Will be watching Flo too. 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good luck everyone! Can't wait to hear how BK looks! Thanks again Cavies for thrilling us out west! And go get 'em Santa Clara!! :inlove: 

• Like 1

Golds endzone to endzone tarp was kinda impressive.    Loved the one handed playing with the briefcases.   Great job by the trumpet quartet in the closer.  

First (well deserved) standing ovation of the night.  

Edited by renthead09
  • Thanks 1