Vista, CA - Friday, June 28, 2019

5 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Looking again, yeah.  Blue Knights percussion score will do that to the spread between them and Mandarins.  Mandarins hold their own but BK has some beastly percussion writing and playing.  That was about half the spread between those two.  

IIRC, BK guard marks trailed Mandarins (and the rest of the top 12) through most/all of last season. Tonight the BK guard came out on top (vs Mandarins, I mean)

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman

9 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Looking again, yeah.  Blue Knights percussion score will do that to the spread between them and Mandarins.  Mandarins hold their own but BK has some beastly percussion writing and playing.  That was about half the spread between those two.  

That was the difference between the two tonight.  

Well, Mandarins went up in most captions quite a bit from their last show......except for brass and percussion.  Both those captions saw a point or more drop.  Obviously they're not worse (or that much worse for that matter), just some lower overall numbers management from those two judges.  Corps above them are relatively low if you just look at the raw score in those captions.  

Prime example of why you don't compare numbers across shows.  Music City was great last year, but I don't believe they have better brass than Mandarins.  Which if you're silly and compare across shows, you would see happened tonight.  

Wouldn't be shocked to see some pretty big jumps tomorrow across the board.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Well I guess Mandarins hype for 7th hit a blue wall 😮 wasnt expecting that. 

Well, last year Mandarins improved in placement over the course of the season and BK didn't. Mandarins started out 3.7 behind BK and nearly beat them. 7th might be pushing it for Mandarins, but I won't be the least bit surprised if they end up above BK finals night. I won't be surprised if it goes the other way either. It's a toss up. 

Good Night Folks, it's 1:07am in Washington, DC.

50 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

One of my favorite lines to watch the last few years. Not only are they good but the writing is just so tasty and musical

Popcorn eater, sorry I missed you tonight. Maybe I'll get to see you in San Bernardino

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

I am so bummed Cavies won't be at Denver this year. Denver loves them. I'll have to wait for Semis in Indy to see them live. Think they'll be any good by then?

So, instead of Cavaliers, DATR will have . . . . [checks notes] . . . Cadets? Well alright!

I have not yet seen the show (obviously), but I trust the corps and the staffs ability to teach/clean. I believe in this corps!