DCI Muncie, IN

Thanks to FloMarching, we were able to watch the show. (FM is improving their streaming at every show, good for them). Madison came in last with a 63.00. I'm trying to understand why they are scoring so low but when I saw Carolina Crown, it's the lack of full corps movement from a design standpoint. I did see some much improved drill work, but the show seems to be 'beat and blast." I'm sorry, but is Jim Elvord to blame? I'm believe he's on the staff. But it's not 1974 any more, Jim.

The judges really like the Blue Stars with their "Wild" show. It is so great to see this corps come back from the abyss of folding to be such a powerful contender. Crossmen are impressive, too by beating Phantom and Colts! It's still early and I hope that Scouts and others will add more improvements in July. Bluecoats may top out in July, even though they are very impressive. 

I was glad to learn that The Spirit of Atlanta is now located in Atlanta GA where they belong (RIP Freddie Martin) But being able to change uniforms three times in a single show doesn't qualify for a winning show. But they were interesting. 

Looking forward to the Rose Bowl show to see some feeder corps which are always fun. 

Edited by 81Freelancers

15 hours ago, 81Freelancers said:

Thanks to FloMarching, we were able to watch the show. (FM is improving their streaming at every show, good for them). Madison came in last with a 63.00. I'm trying to understand why they are scoring so low but when I saw Carolina Crown, it's the lack of full corps movement from a design standpoint. I did see some much improved drill work, but the show seems to be 'beat and blast." I'm sorry, but is Jim Elvord to blame? I'm believe he's on the staff. But it's not 1974 any more, Jim.

The judges really like the Blue Stars with their "Wild" show. It is so great to see this corps come back from the abyss of folding to be such a powerful contender. Crossmen are impressive, too by beating Phantom and Colts! It's still early and I hope that Scouts and others will add more improvements in July. Bluecoats may top out in July, even though they are very impressive. 

I was glad to learn that The Spirit of Atlanta is now located in Atlanta GA where they belong (RIP Freddie Martin) But being able to change uniforms three times in a single show doesn't qualify for a winning show. But they were interesting. 

Looking forward to the Rose Bowl show to see some feeder corps which are always fun. 

Ummm, Freddy be very much alive and beyond kicking.