Pasadena, CA - Saturday, June 29, 2019

4 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Chino hills, Ayala, and Arcadia? I don't know my Cali geography

Yup

4 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I didn't see most of Academy's show, but from the comments here, it seems like there were some pre-recorded quotes from the "London Bridge" nursery rhyme -- which everyone associates with the melody to which it was set in the 1800s. If so, maybe a less annoying way (if what they're doing is indeed annoying) to include that homage would be to play a bit of that melody instead?

They don’t quote...it is the melody that is recurring throughout.  

Guard character being chased by the snares is super cool.  Missed that detail before.  

If they wanted to be cheeky, they could have the guard dressed in "on field percussion judge" garb.

• Haha 2

I prefer Cavaliers version of run boy run but this is good too and it's very creative

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

Just now, Dmuniz_crossmen_fan said:

They don’t quote...it is the melody that is recurring throughout.  

Oh, I think I'd be cool with that then. Thanks. Looking forward to seeing this show.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I've been waiting for a corps to forge out a really dark identity and Mandarins have filled that role for me.  The last three shows have been so dark and angry but still so fun to watch.  It's hard to do dark in an accessible way and they are.  

Interesting how they stopped trying to force all their show designs to a specific genre and it has opened them up to so much more.