Pasadena, CA - Saturday, June 29, 2019

Just now, jjeffeory said:

I really hope the color changes show up on video. Last night they were not showing up on the periscope as well or as intensely as they look to the naked eye

My guess is they won’t show up REAL well on video, like Mandarins’ LED rifles last year didn’t. 

Just now, jjeffeory said:

I really hope the color changes show up on video. Last night they were not showing up on the periscope as well or as intensely as they look to the naked eye

I'll watch for them.  I think those things suffer on video though, Colts' color changing boxes never really seemed to pop on Flo, but people I know who saw them in person that year said they were neat.

• Thanks 1

Very happy for the Mandarins-  breath of fresh air in the activity and to continue to improve. The music reminds me of the Blue Stars Houdini Show- well done. Two thoughts- they boxed themselves in a corner literally- they stay on Side 1 in front field for a long long time- this May come back to bite them in the latter stages of the season. Hornline can compete with anyone, Guard strong again- Perc not at same level. Fantastic finalist corps again this year- Go Mandarins!

• Like 1

I like P.C.'s opening set.

But not (even as a preshow element, even so briefly) the recorded voice. Doesn't really explain the show either. (Ugh, it's back as I type.)

Nor the percussion writing as they run to their instruments, which is boring.