Pasadena, CA - Saturday, June 29, 2019

Mandarins have made improvements across the board this season, but I do miss some of the weirdness and originality of last years program.

2 minutes ago, renthead09 said:

To me, Mandarin are like Crowns and Boston’s love child.   In a good way   

And it’s uncle is Phantom cuz someone has to die at the end.  LOL. 

I definitely feel the same way about the Crown and Boston love child. ha! It's a beautiful, scary beast. 😄

Just now, Cicook7 said:

How many open corps march a full corps? Anything north of 110 members Seems pretty large considering the field tonight, isn’t this a training division?

posted from the DrumScorps app

Don't have my notes from past years handy, but it seems to me that most years BDB and SCVC have full-sized corps, or nearly so, and that corps size roughly correlates to placement. (And it's always fun to see an exception, like Raiders three or four years ago outscoring some corps nearly twice their size.)

1 minute ago, bluesman said:

Mandarins have made improvements across the board this season, but I do miss some of the weirdness and originality of last years program.

My gut says they've got more to add in visually for that.  

2 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

This show will get great GE, visual, and guard numbers all season.  

Where I think they might have some trouble pushing into the 7th - 9th grouping is music, Cadets, Blue Stars, and Blue Knights sound a tier stronger.  Not to say Mandarins sound bad, just more room to grow.  

Still LOVE this show!  

Agree 100%. This is a very well done visual program and man did they nail the staging this year. Guard has SOOO many times to shine and they do a great job when they are given those moments. Another great show from Mandarins!

Mandarins guard is hella good.

• Like 3

Ok Pacific Crest, let's see what you've got!

Just now, Lance said:

illuminati

I really hope the color changes show up on video. Last night they were not showing up on the periscope as well or as intensely as they look to the naked eye

• Like 1