Pasadena, CA - Saturday, June 29, 2019

2 hours ago, dcsnare93 said:

I feel like we listened to different shows.

BK easily had one of the most enjoyable batteries to listen to in Pasadena, for me. The way the writing worked in out of the horns, especially in the opener, was quite musical.

Well I guess that’s who this is “the sport of the arts.”  Intelligent people can see the same show and react to it in different ways.

The judges seem to be OK with what BK battery is doing - they beat Cavies in this caption at the last show.

23 hours ago, dcsnare93 said:

I feel like we listened to different shows.

BK easily had one of the most enjoyable batteries to listen to in Pasadena, for me. The way the writing worked in out of the horns, especially in the opener, was quite musical.

Obviously, a drummer would tend to enjoy it more than a brass player so, let me give you a for instance. During what I believe was the ballad, you had a soloist playing a fairly mellow passage, in between passages the drum line, just starts jamming away totally in opposition to the mood set by the soloist. to me, it was just distracting.