Going to first Finals in 20 years-What Should I Know?

Are there events i need to check out, or stuff i need to bring?  I have Earasers...

Well, if you're going in 20 years, the first thing to do is pray for good health. :) Exercise and eat healthy. 

I kid, of course. Enjoy Finals. Indy is a great place to visit. 

Edited by jwillis35
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, jwillis35 said:

Well, if you're going in 20 years, the first thing to do is pray for good health. 🙂 Exercise and eat healthy. 

If i am going in 20 years, there is a good chance i will be on life support!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Do check out DCI's info on what can be brought into the stadium, etc. They do search each person and your belongings when you enter. Check out restaurants nearby. The stadium is very comfy with room for seating, and it's excellent for concessions, bathroom, and just walking around. The stadium is boomy due to the covered roof, but not in a loud way. The sound is obviously not the best, but it's bearable if you're between the 35 and 50. 

Check out I&E if you are there early enough. Also be sure to check out the Open Class Corps that compete on Thursday in Quarters. It is amazing how good they are. There is a nice mall in downtown that is fun to walk around.

• Like 1

The usual really from 20 years ago should be fine. 

1. Clear plastic bag of some sort to carry stuff in. I can't remember what size it has to be but it's not really very big.

2. Sun screen in case they decide to not close the roof

3. Good shoes

4. Lots of money..LOTS...not like Disney World lots...but close. Food is very expensive there (I think a hot dog was $5 or $5.50 and beer was definitely $7.) The good news is, they MAY be reducing prices soon like Atlanta did and, just like Atlanta, there are about a zillion stands to get beer and food from. 

5. Patience - getting out of that stadium is HORRID

5. A beach ball. That's just me though and I miss them. When's the last time we saw a beach ball at retreat??

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 1

If you are going for 2-3 days, stay downtown. Rates are higher, but the convenience of walking to/from LOS and many restaurants is worth it. Try the DCI site to get good discounts on hotels.

• Like 2

1. Go to St. Elmo’s Steakhouse

2. Order the shrimp cocktail

3. Slather a shrimp in the cocktail sauce

4. Plop the whole shrimp in your mouth

5. Jump 6 feet in the air

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

1. Go to St. Elmo’s Steakhouse

2. Order the shrimp cocktail

3. Slather a shrimp in the cocktail sauce

4. Plop the whole shrimp in your mouth

5. Jump 6 feet in the air

Lancer, you forgot that you have to scratch your head at some of the $4000-$8000 a bottle wines before you hit the "kick you in the ###" shrimp cocktail. The food there is just wonderful. 

• Like 2