San Bernardino, CA - Sunday, June 30, 2019

BD brought it and I think they do a better job of clearly integrating the props and hey, they march and play more than SCV.

Yet the crowd had ok response at the end. SCV I thought had more from the crowd. Interesting.

posted from the DrumScorps app

BD Color Guard had a horrific start to the show. Rifle tosses coming thru the door was 50% catch rate at best. Other than that, BD threw down. I still believe they will catch SCV this year, but not tonight. I have SCV 79.30..........BD 78.70

• Like 2

Thought on Blue Devils

Musically fantastic. I was hooked almost the entire show. Percussion was solid and brass while maybe not as strong as it has been in the past still brought it even at Blue Devils level. They should take first in Music Analysis.

Visually, similiar story to SCV but they at least have a lot more drill. Its very clean and really adds to the show. The props are ugly in my eyes but they are very creative with them so more power to them. Guard will be top 2 in finals.

General Effect still has a lot of room to grow but they are on the right track. I believe they will take 1st tonight in this but barely. Very nice but there are sections that seem like they start suddenly like the transition from their movement 2 to the ballad. Overall very nice.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

Cavaliers have a bunch of fans in San Bernardino.  overheard people saying that they were their favorite, or asking their kids with her favorite was or who won blah blah blah.  I'm sure they'll take that

Edited by jjeffeory

Consensus among where I am sitting. Everyone says SCV tonight. But it's fairly unanimous that BD will catch and pass SCV. Just not tonight. 

Finally the scores are starting to move away from the slotting from last year. 

About time BD won 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Consensus among where I am sitting. Everyone says SCV tonight. But it's fairly unanimous that BD will catch and pass SCV. Just not tonight. 

I find your lack of faith disturbing :bluedevil:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Cavaliers have a bunch of hands in San Bernardino.  overheard people saying that they were their favorite, or asking their kids with her favorite was or who won blah blah blah.  I'm sure they'll take that

My husband and I were talking about The Cavalier's show this afternoon on the way home. It's so great to see them back in the west again. We had hoped it would happen when our son was with them. Anyway, just hearing the buzz about them this weekend just solidifies our opinion that the real benefit of the western swing won't be how they place this year, but will be the widening of the talent pool over the next few years they should get a heck of a lot more young men to audition from the west coast. 

• Like 1