Rochester, MN - Sunday, June 30, 2019

3 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

BlueStainGlass, I really appreciate the updates and especially the pictures!! Thank you!

Same here but I honestly couldn't tell you who a single corps was except for Madison.  Its a darn shame that every corp threw away their brand identity.  Organizations work very hard to build a recognizable brand. It just doesn't make any sense to me to get away from being instantly recognizable. I would love to see the drum corps activity do what many sports do and for either one show or a weekend wear their classic unis. However, cost would certainly be an issue.  

1 minute ago, FlamMan said:

Same here but I honestly couldn't tell you who a single corps was except for Madison.  Its a darn shame that every corp threw away their brand identity.  Organizations work very hard to build a recognizable brand. It just doesn't make any sense to me to get away from being instantly recognizable. I would love to see the drum corps activity do what many sports do and for either one show or a weekend wear their classic unis. However, cost would certainly be an issue.  

Agreed. Dont mind new uniform styles that arent your typical marching uniform,  but those need to convey the brand still.

Edited by AlexL
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Not even Phantom and Crown? I agree on a lot of the corps, but Phantom and Crown's uniforms scream corps identity to me. The black and silver with a pith helmet is classic Phantom, and whether you like Crown's less traditional uniform or not, the shako is Crown through and through.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Spirit has deltas on all three of their uniform layers.

• Like 1