Rochester, MN - Sunday, June 30, 2019

34 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Forgot to mention that Phantom won percussion at this show.

Funny how percussion is easily their strongest caption this season when the same was true back in the 2000s, a period during which Phantom won two Sanford awards.

CC,  make that 3 Sanfords :  2006, 2008 and 2010! 

An even greater, and delightful surprise given the DCP forum commentary to date re Visual, is that the Regiment finished 3rd overall in this caption, headlined by ranking 3rd in all 3 Visual Analysis sub-captions and 3rd in the Guard Substance sub-caption.

Who says we do not have a chance to make finals?

Edited by 1956OPR

Just now, 1956OPR said:

CC,  make that 3 Sanfords :  2006, 2008 and 2010! 

An even greater, and delightful surprise given the DCP forum commentary to date re Visual, is that the Regiment finished 3rd overall in this caption, headlined by ranking 3rd in all 3 Visual Analysis sub-captions and 3rd in Substance sub-caption.

Thanks for reminding me about 2010. Even though it’s technically not the 2000s, it’s a Sanford-winning year nonetheless.

CC, my mistake. I had a more expansive view of the 2000s; won't happen again. I felt like I was in the 2000s but I am not . Now I will have to remember that next year I will be in the 2020s.

1 hour ago, 1956OPR said:

I don't think anyone thinks there's no chance.

Just that PR is one of about 3-4 corps likely fighting for one slot.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, geluf said:

I don't think anyone thinks there's no chance.

Just that PR is one of about 3-4 corps likely fighting for one slot.

geluf, I agree with both of your comments.

I was hoping someone would post that picture of Jim Carrey (sp?) saying something like " You mean we still have a chance?"

I will be attending my first DCI final events this August and have tickets for both semi-finals and finals. I am very confident I will see the Regiment in semis and, if we don't make finals, I will still have the opportunity to see and appreciate 12 very good corps.

My favorite Top 4 would be Blue, Vanguard, Crown and the Cavaliers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, g00fyg00ber said:

If Crossmen can get their drumline scores up, they stand a chance at going head to head with Blue Stars. Will be interesting to see how Mandarins and BK (and maybe Cadets?) fill in the holes when they all meet for the first time!

Blue Stars have a much better hornline and visual package that offer more mileage (growth) potential, especially if the performers can get the feet moving (I can tell from leg motions that some are marching injured.) As it stands now, in the “Yeah, but shows from different parts of the country don’t mean anything” department Blue Stars are above Cadets and less than a point away from Cavies. Whoa. 

Obnoxious Dad Note: my kid messaged me today saying he is the “dogsled driver” on Side 1. I joked that they needed real Huskies for the sleds and apparently the kids are major dog lovers...”That’s what we said!” 

7 hours ago, TRacer said:

Obnoxious Dad Note: my kid messaged me today saying he is the “dogsled driver” on Side 1. I joked that they needed real Huskies for the sleds and apparently the kids are major dog lovers...”That’s what we said!” 

I'm not sure how to take this ... my daughter is one the "dogs" pulling the sleds 🙂

• Haha 1