Boston Crusaders Guard (with brass and percussion accompaniment)

24 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Boston’s guard is amazing and so is Bluecoats, Devils, Vanguard, and Cavaliers. Many others are good too, but that group five are elite. 

Lots of skill and talent,. I don't see how they do it.

Should be fun to see in person, up close and personal.

Your west coast guards have always been top notch.

• Thanks 1

Blue Devils have been featuring their guard for years and they have 19 championships.

• Like 3

I remember when Boston was small, 30 to 40 horn members small....and still made it deep into the top 25 with full corps not even making the top 25. I like seeing them compete at the top now. That being said, I don't think Boston's show designs are mature enough to compete for a championship at this point. Horns, drums, and guard are all top notch, no question, but their shows remind me of average BOA design.

I think Boston's show could surprise people by the end of the season.  I also think it will come down between BD and the Crusaders for top guard.

While talking about guards you have to remember that something like .5 may separate the top 6. They’re all amazing and the differences are really minuscule and come down to personal preferences and nit picking. Each guard basically had their own identity.

also you never know how judges will score. Hell BD had like 8 or 9 drops in the first 30 seconds of the show Sunday night and still beat both SCV and Cavies in achievement. Granted only like .2 separated those three.

Edited by GREENBLUE

30 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

I think Boston's show could surprise people by the end of the season.  I also think it will come down between BD and the Crusaders for top guard.

Yes. Blue Devils has the higher ceiling but Boston is performing at a high level consistently.