Prop safety

2 hours ago, craiga said:

Jeff Ream, the Boston Crusaders thank you for your concern about their props and whether they are OSHA compliant. Here is what I can say...all five were designed by a mechanical engineer and constructed by a professional fabrication company. Each has a complete structure of handholds and footholds front and back which the members were trained to use while still in Vetmont, and each actually locks into its own docking structure in the truck. They are completely DCI Rules Congress compliant.  Also, the Corps Director is a member of the bar in Massachusetts as well as being a former prosecutor for the Commonwealth. He just might be familiar with the legal liabilities and responsibilities of the organization. And in any case, as you have so eloquently pointed out in multiple threads here, most of the drum corps members are wearing "Marvin the Martian" helmets so head injuries will be averted as well.

Those helmets must be made of Kevlar! Lol

im glad to hear it. But knowing the indoor rules, I know it’s be an issue. And since dci never publicly shares rules unless it’s January no one really knows 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Those helmets must be made of Kevlar! Lol

im glad to hear it. But knowing the indoor rules, I know it’s be an issue. And since dci never publicly shares rules unless it’s January no one really knows 

No one really knows what?

On 7/2/2019 at 10:33 AM, FTNK said:

Found this on reddit and thought we should discuss it here, about the safety and liability of ALL THOSE PROPS

Get rid of props? Go back to marching and music? 

Just a thought

Edited by HolyNOLA
  • Like 1