1 hour ago, BlueStarsDad said:

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go ... can't remember the rest of the song 🙂

Thanks for the warning on the drive ... we'll allow extra time.  I remember a few years ago I drove from Belton to San Antonio.  I-35 from Austin to SA was anything but an interstate ... I don't think we ever got moving faster than 30 MPH (Waze actually took me on the frontage roads about half the time).

If you are willing to spend a little extra - you can take 130 to bypass Austin - it is a toll road, but the speed limit goes up to 85mph at one point, so that is fun.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kbbandman said:

If you are willing to spend a little extra - you can take 130 to bypass Austin - it is a toll road, but the speed limit goes up to 85mph at one point, so that is fun.

That is a good suggestion. Did not think about it. 

Just now, E3D said:

That is a good suggestion. Did not think about it. 

I did that last time ... longer drive (distance wise) but faster.  I love going 90 and being passed.

2 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

First, a PSA from the mayor of Katy, Texas, the Honorable Festus T. Beauregard. 

My fellow citizens. This week, Drum Corps International descends upon our fair city. Do not fear them or their intents. They only seek to entertain us with their marching music and thrilling presentations. Please do not get in a huff if they rehearse near your home or business. They mean no harm and besides, it'll only be 130F outside, so cut them some slack. What you might choose to fear is the arrival of one particular fanatic of the Cavaliers Drum & Bugle Corps who goes by the name of Hook'EmCavies. He'll be easy to spot, dressed in green, black & white and behaving like a man possessed in the Texas heat when the Cavaliers perform. Approach with caution and stay out of his way as he does cartwheels and other acrobatic acts upon completion of the Cavaliers' show. Just relax, he'll be returning to Houston shortly afterwards. 

You forgot about my longhorn hat. Hahahaha!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

bump

Of course there is a ripe DCP poll awaiting:  Who is a bigger homer:    Hook 'Em Cavies (Cavaliers) or Cappybara (Blue Devils) or Craiga (Boston Crusaders.) ???

I think it is pretty cool being compared to those guys. 🙂

But in all fairness.... I am currently wearing a Troopers shirt. It was a gift from a friend of mine that marched and we will be hanging out tomorrow. I hope the Troopers perform well in SA!

Edited by Hook'emCavies

4 hours ago, E3D said:

Driving out to Katy is like asking to sit in traffic. Freaking rice fields turned master planned communities. I had a house in a neighborhood out there and worked about 16 miles away, energy corridor. It took me FREAKING FOREVER to drive to work unless I left home at 6am. I could literally ride my bicycle through the reservoir / bush park and get to the office or home faster. I usually drive an hour and a half early to this show for those reasons. 

Please honorable festus do something about your traffic! :lol:

Someone shall pull a Moses and part the way for us to get to the show.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Consider it done.

Image result for moises history of the world

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

We needed that guy during Harvey! :offtopic::doh:

• Haha 1

sigh.   I am whine and complain again about this show NOT being at the berry center......

I am planning on getting there a little earlier this year to not get stuck in the line to pay to get into the parking lot (that is soooo poorly designed)!

Edited by gjramsey
  • Thanks 1