4 minutes ago, E3D said:

They are beyond stupid on this. 

Was wondering about this venue stadium so looked it up and here's the read:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/aug/18/legacy-stadium-texas-high-school-football-katy

It cost over $70m and has 12,000 seats, multi-tiered stands, a $1.8m video screen and an exterior that lights up in the colours of the home team. None of which seems extraordinary in the gaudy world of Texas high school football.

What might be most striking about the state’s latest student sports palace is not the arena itself, but the wide-angle view encompassing what is next to it: another high school football stadium, neatly landscaped with a giant screen of its own and a capacity of almost 10,000.

The Texas high school building frenzy is often dubbed an arms race – in which case, Katy Independent school district (ISD), near Houston, is tooled up like few others.

Legacy Stadium, the latest most expensive high school venue in the nation, had its opening ceremony on Thursday night. The red-clad Tigers of Katy high school and other local teams will play there in the coming season. Rhodes Stadium, which opened in 1981, will still be used by the district’s sides – sometimes on the same day as Legacy, with kick-offs an hour apart.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

Curious as to why parking is DCI's fault?  

I was there last year, but didn't have parking issues.  

I really enjoyed The Cadets guard and low brass. Very well disciplined musicians.

but after the first view..... I think I need to see it again. A few musical lines were reused from The Cavaliers 2009 show (yep, I caught that). But they are perfoming the heck out of it.... well done Cadets.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Edited by Hook'emCavies
  • Like 7

Just now, Hook'emCavies said:

I really enjoyed The Cadets guard and low brass. Very well disciplined musicians.

but after the first view..... I think I need to see it again. A few musical lines were reused from The Cavaliers 2009 show (yep, I caught that). But they are making the heck out of it.... well done Cadets.

Did they have the hats on tonight? There's a link from George and Cadets Facebook page. DO you like them?

• Like 1

Just now, Hook'emCavies said:

there were issues last year.... I promise

Maybe, but I didn't experience them.  Yeah, there were a lot of cars, but it was fairly easy to get in, get parked and get to the gate.

1 minute ago, Hook'emCavies said:

ahhhh the blue stars. Here we go!

el3mzOE.jpg

You need a better seat to watch the men in green. Take mine.  Section E row 14. You have a PM to know what I am wearing and know how to spot me 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1