31 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:

2 things off the bat, Bloo scoring 6th in Percussion, need to keep an eye on this, if not it's 2015 all over again with BD taking the title.

SCV scoring 4th Visual Proficiency.

Question for both, if this can be addressed going forward or tonight an anomaly?

posted from the DrumScorps app

I'm gonna say outlier... Bluecoats were s coring near 8.8-9.0 in book and tech...Then they get an 8.65, 2 nights later. With BD and SCV in the same show 2 days ago and tonight. I'm saying it's an inaccurate judge... But I wasn't there so I can't give an educated opinion.

Late arriver here, just a thought on the Blue Devils tonight:

I was a member of one of the corps touring alongside the blue devils during their Pacific Northwest tour, and I've been able to see Ghostlight 5 times.

Tonight, surprisingly, was one of the worst performances of their show I've seen. It felt lacking in energy, cohesion, and, unfortunately, effort. I really love their show this year, and their ballad is my favorite, maybe ever. They just felt flatline and left me wanting tonight.

Hopefully it was where I was sitting, seems like most enjoyed their show tonight.

Just my thoughts.

3 minutes ago, hanabors said:

I was a member of one of the corps touring alongside the blue devils during their Pacific Northwest tour, and I've been able to see Ghostlight 5 times.

Tonight, surprisingly, was one of the worst performances of their show I've seen. It felt lacking in energy, cohesion, and, unfortunately, effort. I really love their show this year, and their ballad is my favorite, maybe ever. They just felt flatline and left me wanting tonight.

Hopefully it was where I was sitting, seems like most enjoyed their show tonight.

Just my thoughts.

If tonight was indeed one of their worst runs, than that makes me really excited for where they are currently sitting. 

• Like 3

First time this year seeing anything live.

My biggest reaction is that corps really need to work on balancing the electronics, both acoustically and directionally. I’m not opposed to mic’d brass and a smattering of goo here and there. But I’m not sure why some of those corps even bother marching tubas if they’re going to completely cover them up with speaker stack subwoofers for the entire show. And it would be nice to at least attempt to have the speakers give some nod to spatial relationship to where the sound is coming from, and where it’s being generated on the field.

I’m not sure if this was more noticeable because of the concrete structure of the stadium. Maybe things will sound different in the Alamodome tomorrow. 

• Like 1

1 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

3 minutes ago, hanabors said:

Just my thoughts.

8 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

I'm gonna say outlier... Bluecoats were s coring near 8.8-9.0 in book and tech...Then they get an 8.65, 2 nights later. With BD and SCV in the same show 2 days ago and tonight. I'm saying it's an inaccurate judge... But I wasn't there so I can't give an educated opinion.

There were some timing issues in the show tonight, particularly when the corps was spread to the 20’s on both sides. Not sure if that contributed to the surprisng score, but it was noticeable even to a non drummer like me. 

Just now, queenanne_1536 said:

Me thinks the Devils are going to take it this year. They likes takin’ it.

Agree

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1