Just now, queenanne_1536 said:

Me thinks the Devils are going to take it this year. They likes takin’ it.

Its totally possible ... gonna be a dog fight.  And I'm going to love every minute of it.

• Like 2

Just now, BlueStarsDad said:

Its totally possible ... gonna be a dog fight.  And I'm going to love every minute of it.

Yeah. Bluecoats might have the most fun show this year (at least I think so) but Devils have the Championship show this year.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, queenanne_1536 said:

Yeah. Bluecoats might have the most fun show this year (at least I think so) but Devils have the Championship show this year.

Totally right ... Bluecoats are so fun to watch and do amazing stuff ... but Blue Devils are so good.  My wife said tonight that this was the first Blue Devils show that she really liked (and she hopes they win) ... so that's saying something,.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, besson57 said:

My biggest reaction is that corps really need to work on balancing the electronics, both acoustically and directionally. I’m not opposed to mic’d brass and a smattering of goo here and there. But I’m not sure why some of those corps even bother marching tubas if they’re going to completely cover them up with speaker stack subwoofers for the entire show. And it would be nice to at least attempt to have the speakers give some nod to spatial relationship to where the sound is coming from, and where it’s being generated on the field.

Agreed. I spend a good deal of time trying to locate horn soloists on the field. My eyes go to what my ears hear, but then all I see is a big black box.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

Blue Devils only corps tonight top three in every caption. Go Devs!

That's how championships are won. Overall excellence, no weaknesses 

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

Curious...has a corps ever won a championship without winning a caption?

Bloo almost did it in 2016. They ended up only winning ge and it was by like .250.

posted from the DrumScorps app

1 minute ago, Bruckner8 said:

Bloo won music in 2016. (And GE)

Crown won music that year.

• Like 1