10 minutes ago, BariTubaDad said:

Great show!  The stadium is very impressive!!  A big thank you to those that gave the warnings about parking!!! We Uber’d to the stadium and as we approached it and saw the LONG lines trying to get in, knew taking the Uber was a wise choice!  So again thank you DCP!

Now on to SA!

Enjoy the show!

1 minute ago, BariTubaDad said:

I tried to listen for the extra loud screaming to find you Hook’em! Great show and was awesome to see them and all the other corps live!

Well if you heard a guy yell tuba.... that was me lol

And my voice is gone lol

Edited by Hook'emCavies
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

Curious...has a corps ever won a championship without winning a caption?

Kind of. In 1991 Star didn’t win a caption outright, but did tie for 1st in three.

3 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

Thinking Crown and SCV will be battling for third.

That’s already done. SCV looks like a lock for 3rd. Crown is too far behind at this point. If Crown isn’t already beating SCV in visual and GE (esp on the content side) now then it’s just not going to happen. The other night Crown beat SCV in brass and MA and still lost Music because of their percussion. SCV is just ahead of Crown in too many things. 

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 2

On 7/3/2019 at 2:04 PM, mjoakes said:

Katy was the worst of several shows I attended last year. Uncomfortably hot. 

I'm going to the open class show in New Hampshire and its going to be as hot and humid today as Katy, Texas... in NEW HAMPSHIRE! Crazy. 😲

• Like 1

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

That’s already done. SCV looks like a lock for 3rd. Crown is too far behind at this point. If Crown isn’t already beating SCV in visual and GE (esp on the content side) now then it’s just not going to happen. The other night Crown beat SCV in brass and MA and still lost Music because of their percussion. SCV is just ahead of Crown in too many things. 

Tie will tell... I do not think the gap is insurmountable. That said... a lot will have to fall their way. I am not sure the perf score from last night is reflective of where Crown is in perc although I will give you that SCV will win that caption I still see Crown beating them in music. As the visual cleans up we will see if the GE and Vis scores follow. If they do... then they will challenge for the medal. If they don't then you are correct. 

• Like 1