89 feels like 102 in Indiana where I am. Going up another 7 degrees on the forecast 

3 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

Tie will tell... I do not think the gap is insurmountable. That said... a lot will have to fall their way. I am not sure the perf score from last night is reflective of where Crown is in perc although I will give you that SCV will win that caption I still see Crown beating them in music. As the visual cleans up we will see if the GE and Vis scores follow. If they do... then they will challenge for the medal. If they don't then you are correct. 

Yeah, I got what you're saying, but I'm not sure it matters really how clean they get. I literally have no life, so I have spent hours and hours and hours over the years scouring through fromthepressbox.com and reviewing scores and recaps for years. If you look at 2009-2012, and 2016-2018, these match ups and contests are decided by now, especially by San Antonio. There is just so little movement among the entire top 17 between now and finals, but especially among the top 5/6.

I just think if Crown stood a chance to medal or win, we would see those opportunities in the recaps. Like we are seeing opportunities for BD to take down Bloo. All in all, I think what we see tonight is going to be exceptionally close to what we see on finals night, unfortunately. There really is, IMO, a complete lack of excitement about placements from here on out.

27 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Yeah, I got what you're saying, but I'm not sure it matters really how clean they get. I literally have no life, so I have spent hours and hours and hours over the years scouring through fromthepressbox.com and reviewing scores and recaps for years. If you look at 2009-2012, and 2016-2018, these match ups and contests are decided by now, especially by San Antonio. There is just so little movement among the entire top 17 between now and finals, but especially among the top 5/6.

I just think if Crown stood a chance to medal or win, we would see those opportunities in the recaps. Like we are seeing opportunities for BD to take down Bloo. All in all, I think what we see tonight is going to be exceptionally close to what we see on finals night, unfortunately. There really is, IMO, a complete lack of excitement about placements from here on out.

Understood... nothing personal... but I hope you are wrong!

Just got a note from my daughter-in-law.  She was at the show (2nd show ever, saw the Katy show last year).  

Her comment re: SVC "Vanguard was TERRIBLE, by the way. They wore gray costumes that got lost against gray mats that reflected the glare of the stadium lights."

My wife's comment back to her: "I saw Vanguard tonight on TV for the first time and was also unimpressed.  With my interest in fabric, the first thing I look at are the costumes of the Drum Corps and you are right -- Vanguard's didn't stand out at all.  How silly to put gray against gray mats.  They must be color blind."

Take it as you will from two who pay very little attention to Drum Corps.

3 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I liked Vanguard......

I also think it is a  good show.  Both of the quotes above would be ways to make it better, at least to some of the audience.  (And many have made the same complaint in the SCV topic.)

• Like 1