1 minute ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Bump. C'mon guys! The show is in a couple of days

Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

First, a PSA from the mayor of Katy, Texas, the Honorable Festus T. Beauregard. 

My fellow citizens. This week, Drum Corps International descends upon our fair city. Do not fear them or their intents. They only seek to entertain us with their marching music and thrilling presentations. Please do not get in a huff if they rehearse near your home or business. They mean no harm and besides, it'll only be 130F outside, so cut them some slack. What you might choose to fear is the arrival of one particular fanatic of the Cavaliers Drum & Bugle Corps who goes by the name of Hook'EmCavies. He'll be easy to spot, dressed in green, black & white and behaving like a man possessed in the Texas heat when the Cavaliers perform. Approach with caution and stay out of his way as he does cartwheels and other acrobatic acts upon completion of the Cavaliers' show. Just relax, he'll be returning to Houston shortly afterwards. 

• Haha 6

On 7/3/2019 at 12:29 PM, BlueStarsDad said:

I'll be there!  Flying to Houston for the show and then driving to San Antonio for the weekend ... its my favorite part of the year!  But still a few shows between now and then so can't get too excited (leaving soon for the north and the new "DCI Minneapolis but really Wisconsin" show).

Safe travels - on your drive to San Antonio remember patience. That drive can be a beast. 

Just now, E3D said:

Safe travels - on your drive to San Antonio remember patience. That drive can be a beast. 

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go ... can't remember the rest of the song 🙂

Thanks for the warning on the drive ... we'll allow extra time.  I remember a few years ago I drove from Belton to San Antonio.  I-35 from Austin to SA was anything but an interstate ... I don't think we ever got moving faster than 30 MPH (Waze actually took me on the frontage roads about half the time).

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

My fellow citizens. This week, Drum Corps International descends upon our fair city. Do not fear them or their intents. They only seek to entertain us with their marching music and thrilling presentations. Please do not get in a huff if they rehearse near your home or business. They mean no harm and besides, it'll only be 130F outside, so cut them some slack. What you might choose to fear is the arrival of one particular fanatic of the Cavaliers Drum & Bugle Corps who goes by the name of Hook'EmCavies. He'll be easy to spot, dressed in green, black & white and behaving like a man possessed in the Texas heat when the Cavaliers perform. Approach with caution and stay out of his way as he does cartwheels and other acrobatic acts upon completion of the Cavaliers' show. Just relax, he'll be returning to Houston shortly afterwards. 

Driving out to Katy is like asking to sit in traffic. Freaking rice fields turned master planned communities. I had a house in a neighborhood out there and worked about 16 miles away, energy corridor. It took me FREAKING FOREVER to drive to work unless I left home at 6am. I could literally ride my bicycle through the reservoir / bush park and get to the office or home faster. I usually drive an hour and a half early to this show for those reasons. 

Please honorable festus do something about your traffic! :lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BlueStarsDad said:

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go ... can't remember the rest of the song 🙂

Thanks for the warning on the drive ... we'll allow extra time.  I remember a few years ago I drove from Belton to San Antonio.  I-35 from Austin to SA was anything but an interstate ... I don't think we ever got moving faster than 30 MPH (Waze actually took me on the frontage roads about half the time).

yeah I-35 does have a Buc-ee's in or north of Temple but ummmmmmm that is not a destination. hehe

I was stuck on that "interstate highway" once on my way from Dallas to Austin. drive was horrible. 

40 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Bump. C'mon guys! The show is in a couple of days

So, I've gleaned two things from a careful reading of this thread:

1. You are rooting for The Cavaliers...THIS particular show anyway

2. You are enthusiastic about this show

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

bump

Of course there is a ripe DCP poll awaiting:  Who is a bigger homer:    Hook 'Em Cavies (Cavaliers) or Cappybara (Blue Devils) or Craiga (Boston Crusaders.) ???

Edited by xandandl
  • Haha 4

tooooooo bad Boston is not at this show. That would make it a good show. :w00t:

• Haha 2