Ashland, OR - Wednesday, July 3, 2019

For those who don’t know why there’s only around three bands that participate, here’s why:

It’s a small area. I should know because I live relatively close. When I go to the pride of the northwest comp in grants pass, there’s never a band from Ashland (that I know of). There also isn’t a lot of opportunities for people who live in the Pacific Northwest. Of all people, I would know. I live in a small town called Crescent City and it’s right by the Oregon boarder in California. I’m in the only school marching band in Del Norte and Humboldt county. This last year, my band taught a few members of the Brookings harbor High band in Brookings, OR (20-35 mins away from CC) how to march, how to read drill, and they performed with us at 2 competitions. We’re not a great band but we gave them a marching experience that they wouldn’t have gotten otherwise. If you don’t expose people to new things they’ll never know the full possibilities of what they can do.

DX1kw57.jpg

NeioOIt.jpg

I7j7qng.jpg

o92uJUf.jpg

iqgTsaf.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

On 7/3/2019 at 2:24 PM, bluecoats88 said:

why aren't the cascades there?  and isn't there another corps from the upper northwest?  I know we lost the Oregon Crusaders this year, but three corps is an awfully small show

500 miles and 7-8 hours from Seattle, WA to Ashland, OR for the Cascades. 450 miles and 7-8 hours from Pasco, WA to Ashland, OR for the Columbians. A long ways to go for one show when you're just going to reverse course and go back 300 miles to the next show.

22 hours ago, Jim Alberty said:

I have to admit I love the title of the show ..."Rogue DCI" ....they probably know it's a weird format and probably don't give a hoot in a hailstorm (and you know how hard it is to hoot with hail all around)....

Named after the Rogue River in southern Oregon. One of the premiere river rafting locations in the country.

• Like 1