Lexington, SC - Friday, July 5th, 2019

3 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Nope! Performance wise they’re fine. The gap is in GE, it’s design issues.

1 minute ago, BWise said:

Agree. IMHO continuing to uniform the guard the same as the total corps does not provide any visual contrast. Year three of monochrome visual design = not working .. just to me.  But I still love the show and the corps. My fav .. ❤️

The sky’s not falling, though it does give one pause for concern. Yes, still time left to sort things I suppose.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Newseditor44 said:

Nope! Performance wise they’re fine. The gap is in GE, it’s design issues.

They're just not adapting to the new thing! Noticed that the first show. Love it but knew it didn't fit with the staging rage

Hope that wasn't intentional to hide. They're getting crazy better every show. Guard isn't newbies just some new to Crown. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Als23 said:

Hope that wasn't intentional to hide. They're getting crazy better every show. Guard aren't newbies just some new to Crown. 

GE is a huge advantage for Boston and they are scoring higher in visual across the board v Crown.

I think that Bostons brass is close enough to Crown that it won't be a huge factor down the stretch. (Score wise...I love Crown brass)

Bostons percussion score is...ouch. could hold them back.

• Like 1

Congrats to Boston tonight, but Crown....you have legs!

Kudos to Regiment! Tonight . SUTA!

My question ..... why  is the focus on how a show is “designed” rather than how it is performed? The design  caption is primarily geared to how much a corps can spend to depict an idea.

I feel those GE points should be redirected to how well the members portray the the show theme. Props need to go away and a return to individual performance should take over on the sheets.!

Edited by Sutasaurus

12 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

GE is a huge advantage for Boston and they are scoring higher in visual across the board v Crown.

I think that Bostons brass is close enough to Crown that it won't be a huge factor down the stretch. (Score wise...I love Crown brass)

Bostons percussion score is...ouch. could hold them back.

Worth noting .. the Overall Music spread favors Crown over the GE spread BAC has.. the GE 2 number tips a little toward CC and ...  it will be a tight race. 

Who knows ... I enjoy both of these shows more than the others in the top 5 .. so I’d be happy with either going all the way. 

• Like 3

Just now, Poppycock said:

I know BAC won the show on Crowns home turf, but did they win the fight afterwards too? 

I don't think this joke was funny enough to post in two different threads.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1