Simple but effective drill moves

For me, BD's straight lines. No one does straight lines like BD.

And BDs opening drill of their 2000 show Method's of Madness. OMG that was squeaky clean!

• Like 2

On 7/4/2019 at 5:12 PM, bluesman said:

The end of Cadets 2001 show when a circle collapsed into a rolling block.  The block pulled from the center as each line rolled across the field like bicycle spokes.  I hope somebody has a name for that, or at least a shorter description, because it was simply amazing.

That was one of the coolest things I'd ever seen. I also loved how the guard guy ran through the center of the whole thing and then integrated back with the rest of the flag line seamlessly.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2019 at 6:42 PM, HolyNOLA said:

You and I would be good friends. 

On 7/4/2019 at 10:16 PM, EricS said:

Maybe one day when drum corps has completely become theater and drill has totally disappeared a corps will show up with a show comprised of only drill again and it will be considered a radical idea.

I agree with both of these.  There was some drill this year, but honestly staging isn't what I loved dci for.  By the time M & M becomes a thing again, dci will be dead or on broadway and someone else will organize a circuit that scores such things and we'll be so long gone no one will remember that it was done before.

• Like 1

The old Cavalier 'diamond cutter' (I think people call it) move... the one with cycling 4s throughout a block set at a 45.

It's stupid easy as it is compartmentalized, simple 2 step couting at 45 angles... etc.  And in spite of absurd notions concerning the supremacy of the past... the members either did not or did not have to play while on the move.

Big 'bang for the buck' drill in my book.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

And BDs opening drill of their 2000 show Method's of Madness. OMG that was squeaky clean!

I loved their 2000 show.  Lots of block rotations... and the music book (Bernard Herrmann) was incredible.

I seem to remember that opening move being a little wonky on some nights... I'm not sure that's a good example of easy drill with big impact.  That was some hard stuff.

• Like 2

Anything that’s clean while being performed on a soccer field / futbol pitch. 

5 hours ago, quijeros said:

That was one of the coolest things I'd ever seen. I also loved how the guard guy ran through the center of the whole thing and then integrated back with the rest of the flag line seamlessly.

Watch how the large bass drummer runs.  Forward at first then turning and running backwards to the end.  Amazing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Ghostlight has some of the most incredible designed and difficult drill, executed in typical BD fashion of making it look easier than it is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1