Lisle, IL - Friday, July 5, 2019

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

One of my past students is the Abbot there. His Grandmother Murphy made great chocolate chip cookies.

Strange break for the intermission. Trying to be fair or something?

I grew up around here and we always called it Catholic corners.  Benet,  Benedictine, the monastery, and the assisted-living home, which is a beautiful facility. 

In a drum corps world of electronic and immediate informational access, the next three nights are huge. Information will be available to all.  The new trends will begin.

Here's hoping the powers that be made sure the best of the best are judging tonight. The South tour is pretty much as it is. I would love to see the Crusaders take a run at Crown but, it is difficult to imagine. Hopefully Boston's percussion line straightened out a few things with some rehearsal days. We do have Phantom and Spirit. I see Phantom taking charge here!  And the West is prep time for the Blue Devils and Blue Knights. Both corps could benefit from the rehearsal time, the lack of pressure, and the ability to redo and restructure as needed.

My view for the Midwest -- FIREWORKS.

SCV vs the Bluecoats --   SCV claims the front slot for the last 5 weeks of the season while the Blue Devils wait, change and clean.

Cavaliers  - They are being underappreciated. Let's see them get 2 points from the top and 4 points from those behind 

Cadets/Blue Stars - Blue Stars come out of the three days with a clear lead 

And let's not forget Academy - There is definite production value here. I see them as the 2019 version of the Mandarins!  The West Coast adds another finalist to the top 12.

Too bad this one is not on FLO. We will have to wait until Sunday evening. For those in the area, a nice three day set of shows that would be well worth a field trip.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I grew up around here and we always called it Catholic corners.  Benet,  Benedictine, the monastery, and the assisted-living home, which is a beautiful facility. 

What's the matter? Can't spell Procopius?  Neither could I.   

Still want to know how a Irish kid became Abbot of a group of Czechs and Slovaks after the Latrobe Germans passed them along.

• Like 1

I think bloo will win this matchup just based on the near 2 point spread them amd SCV are at. Time will tell whether the score is an actual representation of these 2 corps.

posted from the DrumScorps app

DCI judges are pretty good at getting the corps in the right groupings by this point in the season. They are also very predictable. I am betting SCV and Bluecoats are within a half point, somewhere around 83/83.5. Cavaliers will be about 2.5 points back, followed by Cadets and Blue Stars within a few tenths of each other close to 78. 

I am looking forward to this weekend of shows. Not so much because of the top two, but to watch the Blue Stars/Cadets matchup. I think by Sunday we will know if Blue Stars are ready to take down a corps they have not beaten head to head since 1980. 

58 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

I’m rooting for Bloo here. I want this type of show design to be rewarded.

With that logic, I guess I'm rooting for The Cavaliers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Amazed&Stunned said:

And let's not forget Academy - There is definite production value here. I see them as the 2019 version of the Mandarins!  The West Coast adds another finalist to the top 12.

I think Colts will have something to say about that!!! GO RED TEAM!!!🔺🔺🔺

Tony, Judy, Teresa, and I are dining at Wheatstack on route 53 at 5PM.  Please stop by our table and pay our check.

• Haha 1