Lisle, IL - Friday, July 5, 2019

2 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

YIKES, Academy is over 3 points behind Colts...

Interested to see what the opening Academy-Madison spreads are over the weekend.

Colts are picking up steam! They’ve got the goods to make a serious challenge for that finals spot! The Spirit/Colts battle will be fun to watch!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

The last time the cavaliers , cadets and the blue stars met head to head was finals 2018

The order of finish was cavaliers cadet blu stars

Cadets scored closer to Cavaliers than the Blue Stars

What will happen tonight?

I’ve been thinking something different.

So

tonight’s results sort of picked u right where we left off - cadets just behind Cavaliers and a notch and a half ahead of Blue Stars

its so early in the season. I suspect we will see some flip flops 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Does SCV even have a visual program? :lle:

To be fair, Bluecoats simultaneously march and play very little themselves this year.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Does SCV even have a visual program? :lle:

Yeah by a guy named Gaines that the DCI judges who are typically on the slate in SAT and at Indy LOVE 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

You marched '78 Vanguard? What a year. I remember having the DCI Yearbook for '78 in '84 (my first year in drum corps) and seeing written under DCI West that BD beating Vanguard by 2.5 was the kiss of death. That must have been a fun and wild ride to finals. Congratulations!

It was exciting year to march with many unforgettable memories.  Many thanks,  Looks like this year will be the same.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

YIKES, Academy is over 3 points behind Colts...

Interested to see what the opening Academy-Madison spreads are over the weekend. If Madison manages to win that battle, they may have a shot at a Top 15 finish after all.

I don’t know if the spread should be that big but Colts are noticeably better than The Academy. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

To be fair, Bluecoats simultaneously march and play very little themselves this year.

I believe that’s very unfair. Bluecoats do a lot of marching. To be fair I haven’t seen them live but it sure looks to me on the videos I’ve seen that they’re marching plenty. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Cfmninjaa said:

I expect bloo to flip flop SCV in Visual Analysis and Brass as the season goes on. SCVs brass imo is slightly better and Bloo brings on a better visual program.

While Bloo's show is beautiful, there is no visual demand in it. This is just my opinion. It has been a common theme for them in my eyes. 2017's visual program was very demanding and we saw how that affected the rest of the captions. Just saying they march a lot doesn't mean there's any substance to it. (That was more a general response, not to this post in particular). I respect this drum corps and their amazing show design, but I get disappointed when I watch and not necessarily be impressed by anything marching related. Their brassline on the other hand is beyond stellar. 

Edited by Frollo
My post didnt appear