Lisle, IL - Friday, July 5, 2019

29 minutes ago, Frollo said:

While Bloo's show is beautiful, there is no visual demand in it.

There is lots of visual demand in Bluecoats' show. They're not standing still by any means. (They're just not playing *while* marching very much. But neither was SCV '18 or BD '17.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Suspecting that your mind-reading ability was limited, I had used the word "simultaneously" in my original post to save you from having to do so.

Now now Brigand no need for insults, I understood you the first time it doesn’t make you any less wrong. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Now now Brigand no need for insults, I understood you the first time it doesn’t make you any less wrong. 

How am I wrong? You can go right now to Youtube and find video of Bluecoats '19 and Bluecoats '89.

Take out a stopwatch and I guarantee you'll find that Bloo of 30 years ago marches and plays simultaneously more than Bloo of today.

Which, again, is merely a fact about the two shows, not a criticism of either.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

There is lots of visual demand in Bluecoats' show. They're not standing still by any means. (They're just not playing *while* marching very much. But neither was SCV '18 or BD '17.)

Yeah I don't think they're standing still by any means. They're certainly moving and playing a lot more than they did last year, in my opinion. I think its just become the nature of how shows are nowadays with the implementation of a lot of dancing. If there's any demand in their visual program, its in their choreography. But the marching aspect... meh. The hardest marching aspect of their show is the beginning and they're not even playing. Everything else for me is underwhelming 😞 (I really like 2000s shows). But we all have our own thoughts and opinions and its chill.

• Like 1

Cadets 2007- One of the best marching while playing shows ever minus the voice overs

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Ediker said:

Wow!  Cadets beat Bloo in Percussion!  They are for real. 

Yep. I have watched the videos of these two drum lines closely so far. The technical writing, execution and speed for the bass drum and quad lines greatly favor the Cadets. The gap between the bass drum lines is unusually large - its kinda like the Cadets have a great snare line playing bass drums. Just listen to that bass line. They are on top of their book which is tough.

The snare line overall execution is about even as far as I can tell between the Bluecoats and the Cadets, but the Cadet snare book also is tougher and faster in my opinion, but closer than the quads and bass lines, which favor the Cadets easily.

Both lines are fun and both move while playing, which is good to see. But oh that Cadet bass drum line......wow.

• Like 3

Just now, rysa4 said:

Yep. I have watched the videos of these two drum lines closely so far. The technical writing, execution and speed for the bass drum and quad lines greatly favor the Cadets. The gap between the bass drum lines is unusually large - its kinda like the Cadets have a great snare line playing bass drums. Just listen to that bass line. They are on top of their book which is tough.

The snare line overall execution is about even as far as I can tell between the Bluecoats and the Cadets, but the Cadet snare book also is tougher and faster in my opinion, but closer than the quads and bass lines, which favor the Cadets easily.

Both lines are fun and both move while playing, which is good to see. But oh that Cadet bass drum line......wow.

Holy Bass. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

How am I wrong? You can go right now to Youtube and find video of Bluecoats '19 and Bluecoats '89.

Take out a stopwatch and I guarantee you'll find that Bloo of 30 years ago marches and plays simultaneously more than Bloo of today.

Which, again, is merely a fact about the two shows, not a criticism of either.

Stopwatch! Honey honestly I don’t even have the time for such silly childish nonsense. Bluecoats are amazing! And I bleed BD blue.