Lisle, IL - Friday, July 5, 2019

16 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Looks like the Cadets were successful in having intermission changed. 

well tonight they go on prior to Blue Stars

6 hours ago, Cfmninjaa said:

SCV played while moving approximately 2 mins and 31 seconds in a 12:02 show last year. Really puts on a new perspective. Regardless I loved that show

posted from the DrumScorps app

And that’s the point. The activity changed when DCI began to reward guard and dance movement over traditional marching. It’s a different activity now. GE is what is most important, and while I miss the precision marching and playing of Garfield, I love these shows more.

• Like 1

Anyone at the Lisle IL show able to give me a run down of Strengths and weakness on Bloo v. SCV. I have seen both on the interweb but that's not the same.

SCV seems to have incredible member talent and a good music book but Bloo has very good member talent and a more entertaining show.

Edited by ThePlanets

I think these sub-three-minute “playing while moving” statistics are silly and deceptive.  Everyone, ask yourself what a 12 minute drum corps show would sound like if the brass only played for a third or less of the show.  Another way of saying it is “they’re playing but they’re not moving for 8 minutes of the show.  That suggests that there’s no drill for 8 minutes.

See what I did there?  I twisted those statistics to show the absurdity of that argument.  Deep down, this is a poor argument for why one corps beat your favorite corps.  It has little to do with the reality of what’s happening on the football field.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

And that’s the point. The activity changed when DCI began to reward guard and dance movement over traditional marching. It’s a different activity now. GE is what is most important, and while I miss the precision marching and playing of Garfield, I love these shows more.

In the DCI era GE has always been most important. The only difference lately is what is rewarded. The big ensemble drill moves are a thing of the past (sadly) and replaced by little venues scattered about the field, usually involving stationary body movement.  DCI is nothing, if not trendy and this is the current trend. 

6 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Can we all please put the stop watches away?  Let’s just enjoy the amazing shows we are privileged to experience this year. Every year the stopwatch brigade pops up and every year the data is irrelevant. 

I know.  All this math is RUINING this for me.  

Christ almighty, stop! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1