Lisle, IL - Friday, July 5, 2019

16 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Anyone at the Lisle IL show able to give me a run down of Strengths and weakness on Bloo v. SCV. I have seen both on the interweb but that's not the same.

SCV seems to have incredible member talent and a good music book but Bloo has very good member talent and a more entertaining show.

The simple truth is that you don’t want to perform before or right after Bluecoats.  Bluecoats are playing accessible music.  You can recognize every musical passage.  These tunes are burned into your consciousness.  Aside from the music, those electric blue and the day glow guard costumes really POP.  Visually, they are such a huge contrast to every other corps.  Those busy intricate costumes or muted colors are like camouflage in comparison.  SCV fits in the muted colors camp.

Nobody won the best props of the night competition.  Bluecoats looked a bit like a cluttered house.  SCV looked like a skyscraper skeleton construction site.  It was a tie.

Cavaliers have a very strong musical book to listen to.  It compares well against Bluecoats.  Cadets have a lot of balance in their show design.  Once again Blue Stars march their @55es off and their bass drum book is freaking awesome.  Colts guard has a highly exposed guard book with LOTS of unison work.  Colts have a really mature show design and are on their way to becoming a major powerhouse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I thought you meant last night Cadets went on before  Blue Stars.  Eyes not open yet and reading and typing without glasses.  😳

Lol no I could care less about performance order - I think it matters much less than people think 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Anyone at the Lisle IL show able to give me a run down of Strengths and weakness on Bloo v. SCV. I have seen both on the interweb but that's not the same.

SCV seems to have incredible member talent and a good music book but Bloo has very good member talent and a more entertaining show.

Too busy looking at their stopwatch! 🧐

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

50 minutes ago, Cavie74 said:

The simple truth is that you don’t want to perform before or right after Bluecoats.  Bluecoats are playing accessible music.  You can recognize every musical passage.  These tunes are burned into your consciousness.  Aside from the music, those electric blue and the day glow guard costumes really POP.  Visually, they are such a huge contrast to every other corps.  Those busy intricate costumes or muted colors are like camouflage in comparison.  SCV fits in the muted colors camp.

Nobody won the best props of the night competition.  Bluecoats looked a bit like a cluttered house.  SCV looked like a skyscraper skeleton construction site.  It was a tie.

Cavaliers have a very strong musical book to listen to.  It compares well against Bluecoats.  Cadets have a lot of balance in their show design.  Once again Blue Stars march their @55es off and their bass drum book is freaking awesome.  Colts guard has a highly exposed guard book with LOTS of unison work.  Colts have a really mature show design and are on their way to becoming a major powerhouse.

Well, the tunes are burned into your consciousness if you're familiar with the Beatles

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Lol no I could care less about performance order - I think it matters much less than people think 

So you could care less? 

Or you couldn't care less?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

So you could care less? 

Or you couldn't care less?

he probably could care less.  He did care enough to post after all.  

1 hour ago, Cavie74 said:

Bluecoats are playing accessible music.  You can recognize every musical passage.  These tunes are burned into your consciousness.  

That’s the beef I have with this show right now, though. They’re “kind of” playing accessible music. Only playing a couple measures of each Beatles song leaves me wanting a lot. But then I feel even less when listening to Vanguard, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, poprocks said:

That’s the beef I have with this show right now, though. They’re “kind of” playing accessible music. Only playing a couple measures of each Beatles song leaves me wanting a lot. But then I feel even less when listening to Vanguard, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

They play quite a lot of Eleanor Rigby and Blackbird. 

• Like 1