Lisle, IL - Friday, July 5, 2019

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

They play quite a lot of Eleanor Rigby and Blackbird. 

Ehh, I’d say they’re playing “variations” on the Beatles than just flat-out playing it. If I can only recognize a few seconds of some of my favorite Beatles pieces, you’re barely playing it.

Not to say they don’t sound great, I just wish we got more of the melodic content the Beatles actually wrote. 

57 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

So you could care less? 

Or you couldn't care less?

I do not care about performance order lol 

• Like 1

Just now, George Dixon said:

I do not care about performance order lol 

Me, either. People would have crapped about how they did it in the old days.  Reverse order of when your entry form came in the mail.  In 1976, Guardsmen went on second to last in prelims and Pioneer went on last.  Why?  Because Pioneer got their entry in first and Guardsmen second. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Great show.  I was very uncomfortable however because I only had half a seat and I was sitting in a seat back.  The person next to me had to wedge his bottom into the seat.

12 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m so sorry for you.  It happens to me on planes so much that I’ve taken to paying extra on southwest to get on the plane early and going for the two seats only. 

Bring some lard next time.  Lubrication helps

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

I did above, and didn’t mean it as an insult. Primarily choice of musical content. It looked like a Tarpon Springs show to me. 

Tarpon Springs is not an average high school band.

That said, half of all high school bands are below average.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, poprocks said:

If I can only recognize a few seconds of some of my favorite Beatles pieces, you’re barely playing it.  Not to say they don’t sound great, I just wish we got more of the melodic content the Beatles actually wrote. 

Its tough to do when they’re  playing bits of 19 songs.

Edited by Ghost
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Lol no I could care less about performance order - I think it matters much less than people think 

Performance order doesn't matter in a straight line but timing does. If I asked you to remember something from the first show of quarters to the first show after lunch it wouldn't be as easy as the second group after lunch. You're comparing it to things you already watched and a break kind of resets your thinking. Plus we are all old and forget ####. 

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Well, the tunes are burned into your consciousness if you're familiar with the Beatles

I got to go to their rehearsal the day before the premier.  Took a student of mine with me; he went to the fall camp last year and got a call back, he will be marching there one day.  Anyway, the Coats volunteer that got us into the rehearsal revealed nothing about the show other to say that I would probably know it in the first three chords, then changed it to the first chord.  Yes, I recognized it as a Beatles show in that first chord.  My student didn't know it was a Beatles show until they got to Come Together.  Sad.  Just sad.

3 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Performance order doesn't matter in a straight line but timing does. If I asked you to remember something from the first show of quarters to the first show after lunch it wouldn't be as easy as the second group after lunch. You're comparing it to things you already watched and a break kind of resets your thinking. Plus we are all old and forget ####. 

Well I’m young- so let’s get that out of the way

i agree it’s hard to compare corps performing hours apart

tonight Blue Stars immediately follow Cadets so we will get to see how that plays 

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Well I’m young- so let’s get that out of the way

i agree it’s hard to compare corps performing hours apart

tonight Blue Stars immediately follow Cadets so we will get to see how that plays 

If you're young you should be marching. If you can't march then you're old. 

• Haha 2